Unreasonable Pipping System

After 6k hours from 3 years of playing, I think it's time to update the pipping system.

Reasons:

  1. Matchmaking is not working for many of us. I just had 3 games at bone chill event that all 3 of my teams decided to let me die on first hooks. I depipped and it's not something in my control.
  2. Boldness Points/ Emblem depends hugely on the powers of the killers. NO ONE PIPPS with a tombstone Myers, or an Onryo who slugs till condemn. With Huntress, Nurse, Oni in power etc, you barely get any chase registered and hence also harder to pip.
  3. With the trend of suiciding on hooks, versus a) Skull merchant b) Chucky c) Nurse, you dont get altruism points and so depip again.
  4. Getting tunneled off hooks to death, wonderful experience plus depip.
  5. In some matches, at iridescent grade, even if you do 3 gens and escape, you still don't pip. Yep, no pips even with an escape for survivor!

Pipping to rank 1 every month is one of my motivations to continue to play. But it's increasing hard when I have more hours. Time to rid the old system? Perhaps reward in match play time? Reward according to the number of gens done? Safe unhooks executed ?

What are your thoughts?

Comments