Ranking up/Grading system

I just don't understand it sometimes, I basically can 4k in a normal game without slugging, tunneling, camping and all of that, have 3 gens left and I still won't get a single pip IN SILVER?

Same thing goes for survivors, if I didn't get hit during a chase by a killer but I did objectives, healed teammates and escaped and all of that I won't get a pip because I didn't let killer hit me and I played too well?

Sometimes I feel like this system is not rewarding Players if they play well in a certain match and might "reward" them in other where they underperformed in a way.

I just want to know the logic behind all of this.

Comments

  • The wiki has a pretty useful resource for understanding the grading categories and how you gain/lose points in each, I'd recommend taking a look at that if it's been frustrating you.

    Some of it can be a little odd, but it does make a degree of sense once you understand what the categories are and how they function.

  • The more you stomp, the less you'll do all of the actions that let you pip.

    If you want to pip regardless, you'll have to do a few things extra.

    The wiki offers more information on the topic.

  • The best way is to aim for 9 hook minimum on killer.