PC Fatal error: Unreal Engine is exiting due to D3D device being lost. (Error: 0x887A0007 - 'RESET')

Hello there ๐Ÿ™‹โ€โ™‚๏ธ

I have had a crash every now and then for a few months when I play various games. I currently play DBD regularly and I get this crash once a day. The lock time is then extended by 2, 5, 10, 30, 60 and currently I'm at 360 minutes.

Whether I'm playing as a killer or a survivor, within the first online match the game crashes and I get the crash within five minutes.

Fatal error: "[File:Unknown] [Line: 198] Unreal Engine is exiting due to D3D device being lost. (Error: 0x887A0007 - 'RESET')"

I have already tried various solutions

  • Disabled the integrated GPU chip on the CPU
  • removed the overclocking from the GTX 970, default
  • uninstalled the GPU itself via device manager, installed, restarted
  • Game uninstalled/reinstalled and checked for errors
  • Adjusted power options ( maximum performance )

Unfortunately, none of these attempts led to the desired result. All drivers are up to date, including the Windows 11 operating system.

Does anyone have any ideas? Waiting 6 hours to be able to play DBD is something I can only manage at the weekend, but that shouldn't be the solution.

By the way, as long as I have had the crash once and have not restarted the PC, I cannot get the crash again and the crash has not yet been triggered in the tutorial - but always in the online game.

Please send help. Thanks for reading!

Best regards ๐Ÿ˜Š

DeadByDaylight.log Fatal error [FileUnknown] [Line 198.txt


Tagged: Declined

Comments