There's no way

I just played a match against the cannibal and he had to have been hacking theres now way

So match starts off and he gets my teammate that I'm working on the gen with and puts him in basement and after he leaves I go in there to get him but the cannibal follows me in there and revs his chainsaw so I hop in a locker AND HE HITS THE LOCKER AND I GO DOWN mind you I had been in the locker for over a second

Then he hooks a survivor not too far from me so bbq shouldn't work he had no vision on me but walks over to me and downs me

Then a little while later he starts chasing me and I hop in a locker cause he's got his chainsaw out Then he does his tantrum (which was like SUPER fast) and when he's done I hop out of a locker with me being able to move and he GRABS me and hooks me.

Again I was able to move and he grabs me and gets the kill.

I've delt with alot of lag from the killers side but there's no way it could be that bad especially since there were no warnings

Comments

  • Did he actually hit the locker, or did he hit you? Did you hear him hit the locker and did he have the animation for that? This could still be latency. When one side has a very bad ping for only a short time the weirdest things can happen.

    The second thing is hard to tell without video footage and knowing the killer's perks. There are more ways than just BBQ to find a survivor. He also has an addon that gives him aura vision in a short range around him while revving, so that might be it.

    The third moment sounds like a very bad case of latency again.

  • @Xernoton said:

    Did he actually hit the locker, or did he hit you? Did you hear him hit the locker and did he have the animation for that? This could still be latency. When one side has a very bad ping for only a short time the weirdest things can happen.

    The second thing is hard to tell without video footage and knowing the killer's perks. There are more ways than just BBQ to find a survivor. He also has an addon that gives him aura vision in a short range around him while revving, so that might be it.

    The third moment sounds like a very bad case of latency again.

    For the first question he hit the locker like I was fully in there for over a second

    For the second question he wasn't reving his saw

    For the third question I was able to move for a spilt second before he grabbed me so I don't see how that's fair that he has bad connection yet I'm punished for it

    (Incase it comes if this way This reply wasn't meant to be rude)

  • This must be a case of high ping I think. Can make matches miserable but cheaters use less subtle tactics.

    There are some add-ons I think decreasing the tantrum.

  • Creating a hack that allows Bubba to hit a survivor even though they are in the locker, that sounds unlikely. I think that would have to create a hit box on the server where none exists. That seems unlikely when speed hacks exist, are easier to hide, and more powerful.

    I mean its possible, there've been some incredible/awful hackers out there, but it doesn't sound like the craziest latency thing I've ever heard.

  • @BubMickey07 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3611345#Comment_3611345

    For the first question he hit the locker like I was fully in there for over a second

    For the second question he wasn't reving his saw

    For the third question I was able to move for a spilt second before he grabbed me so I don't see how that's fair that he has bad connection yet I'm punished for it

    (Incase it comes if this way This reply wasn't meant to be rude)

    1) That's not quite what I meant. What you see and what actually happens can be 2 very things. As soon as latency comes into play, it is possible that the killer still actually hit you. On your screen, they hit the locker (but did he actually get the animation and sound for hitting an obstacle?) but on their own, they clearly hit you while you were still entering the locker. This is always a likelier explanation than hacks. There is no hard limit to the time that latency can bridge in that regard.

    2) There are still more perks than BBQ that could have given away your position. Maybe it was even a crow?

    3) You being able to move for a split second doesn't tell a whole lot to be honest. If the killer's latency was bad enough, they still saw you clearly in the locker. The game favors the killer when it comes to latency, which is understandable to a degree because they can only play around your after image (what they see does not quite equal what you see). Unfortunately this can also cause situations like these.