PC exclusive Chucky tech

I'm writing this as a console player not to argue about the balance of the 180 tech on chucky (and other killers like oni) but rather the exclusivity of this tech to one platform. In terms of a game balance perspective surely having skill ceilings be disparaged to this extent across platforms presents an issue? So my first question would be whether this tech is intentional and intended to stay?

If it is intended to stay and developers intend to nerf chucky in anyway that doesn't address this tech then surely this punishes console/controller players more so than those with access to the tech. Furthermore it feels a bit lame to lose to a chucky abusing this tech because they simply played on the "better" platform, and feels discouraging that us as console/controller players will never be able to reach anywhere near the same level of skill ceiling because of simple limitations of our turn rate that could be altered during the dash. Ultimately my point is, if this tech is intended is there any intention to bring it over to console/controller so the player base as a whole can access it.

This question extends to Oni (and whichever other killers possess tech like this). I do understand the case for aim assist not being added to controller as I can see that being difficult to balance (though maybe a deadzone setting for more precise movements wouldn't hurt), but something as simple as turn rate due to high DPI on MNK is where I feel things can be more easily addressed.

I really don't want to come across as whiny because I truly believe this has been behaviour's best year for dbd in putting out new content and responding to the community, and I'm really grateful for it and is part of the reason why I feel more encouraged to make a post like this. Anyways Merry Christmas to anyone whose read this far.

Comments