GAME CRASHES or A CHEAT??

So, why is it that so many times I'm in a chase with a survivor and they are on the last hook the game completely crashes to end game menu and I get a time penalty? Every time this happens is when I am chasing the best of the 4 survivors and before I get a hit but close enough to hit them the game crashes???? Is this an exploit, cheat of some sort or legit crash? Idk if it's for everyone in the game or just me but we all have the DC icon next to the names when it hits end game menu. This happens so much, and I know it's not my PC as I run a 4090 with over 128 GB of ram and over 4 TB of space along with 9 fans and an AIO cooling system. Someone explain this to me!!!

Comments

  • Do you get the error message "Dedicated server is not responding"? If so, please contribute to this bug report, it's an issue that affects some users.

    @EasternSpock said:

    I am on PS5 playing on US East Coast servers, and have posted before about being kicked from matches and receiving "Disconnected from Host" error messages. With the latest update, the error messages were changed to be more clear. It now says, "Dedicated server is not responding; disconnecting...".

    It happened to me today as Singularity right after I switched to a biopod, and suddenly realized I did not have a prompt to exit it. Though this is my first time experiencing this since the update, the same thing has been happening regularly in my matches since around January of 2023 and I have been receiving disconnect penalties for it which force me to stop playing the game. The error usually coincides with a change of health or hook states, using a killer power, performing an interaction, etc. Anything the server has to validate I suppose.

    I hope the fact that this new error message specifies it is an issue with the dedicated servers will help BHVR to quickly resolve it. This thread includes hundreds of comments from a number of players that regularly experience similar disconnections, which we can now see are an issue with servers not responding: https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/366497/forcefully-kicked-from-match/p1

    Please acknowledge this report, it's been an endlessly frustrating issue that has repeatedly prevented me from enjoying a game I've purchased content for. Video of one experience below, several other examples in the comments.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mpQESyFNww