DBD causing pc to lag/freeze

description

Example

Step 1 : Boot the game

Step 2 : Play as survivor in a public match

Step 3 : play normal gameplay

Step 4 : game becomes slow and laggy. PC also goes slow and laggy. Even after closing DBD my PC continues to go slow

Additionally - today i was sat in the pre lobby screen spending BP and it happened. So I dont need to be in game for it to happen. Just having the game running is enough

Additional information

  • Feng
  • Any means necessary, Windows, Blast Mine, Distortion
  • all
  • Frequency of the issue - so often it seems all the time - today it happened from 5pm


I have over 1k hours into the game on my Pc and have played DBD for a long time.

Since the event ended on 6/11/23 I have experienced my game becoming extremely lagging/freezing, which also causes my PC to completely slow down , where it does not recognise any button presses from my mouse or keyboard for a very long time. I have to restart my PC to get it back to normal.

This is not happening when playing any other game so it must be a bug on DBD's side.

I have searched through the bug logs and i cannot see one logged. There is mention of it on the steam

community hub of people having the same issue.

I dont know what i can give you to demonstrate what is happening, but if there is anything i can give that will help i will send it over.


I have completed a delete-reinstall of the game and this has not stopped the issue from occuring.


DeadByDaylight.log


Tagged: Declined

Comments