Several Major Skull Merchant Bugs

Yep, you read that right. I don't have one, I've got several under my belt to show!

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1MRG3hWLFOJOGSOVbhL9S_EGietNXyGNo


Now, because the files were too big, they had to be put into a Google Drive. Anyway, I shall explain what you're looking at/for in the off chance that either you need a description of what you're seeing, or the link is broken.

Ormond Clip

I injure the Mikaela and begin to chase her around a loop with a Drone at it. Problem is, the Drone, despite being "Active" and should be displaying the Scan Lines, are not visible. It only becomes visible when I go underneath it and it goes back down.

She was getting scanned, however, so it may be a visual bug of sorts.

Badham Clip

In the Badham Clip, pay attention to my Add-Ons. I am not using Low Power Mode, the Add-On that basically makes a Drone not turn whatsoever, but the Drone is acting like I am and isn't moving while I chase the Cheryl around.

On a side note, I know it's probably not your department, but, can you tell the Balancing Department that Low Power Mode is an awful Add-On and this Clip, despite being a bug, shows off why it's just bad.

Dead Dawg Clip

In this Clip, I place a Drone while chasing a Steve. Instead of being placed, the Drone gets returned to my inventory and I still suffer from the cooldown.

If I were to guess what's going wrong, I'd say that the Drone hits a wall or object and can't be placed, so it just gets sucked back into my inventory. Although, I must say, this didn't happen before the Rework she received recently.

Audio Bug

I don't have a Clip of this one, but I've noticed it. It's not a gamebreaking or especially infuriating bug, but a strange one nonetheless. Sometimes, when Recalling a Drone, you'll still hear the noises as if the Drone is still there.


That's all I could find so far. Hopefully, the link works properly.

Tagged: Under Review

Comments

  • I've been playing a lot of Skull Merchant recently and all 4 bugs that you mentioned happened to me too. Drone scan lines sometimes not appearing, drone sound even though drone is not the anymore.. etc

    I did submit a bug report for what seems to be similar to what you described in the Dead Dawg clip:

    @matBR said:

    Step 1 : Play as Skull Merchant;

    Step 2 : Deploy 5 drones; keep 1 with you (this step isn't mandatory, but makes it easier to consistently reproduce the bug);

    Step 3 : Down a survivor;

    Step 4 : Before hooking the surv, put a drone near the hook;

    Step 5: Hook the surv in the hook with the drone nearby (the drone will despawn and go back to you);

    Step 6: Get away from the hook and try deploying the drone.

    The animation will work, but during the animation the drone will be invisible and it won't spawn. The drones available counter won't go down. You get undetectable status effect normally.

    Additional information

    • Character: Skull Merchant
    • Perks: Any perks, I guess. I'm using Dissolution, Spirit Fury, Brutal Strength, Resistence.
    • Any map.
    • Frequently happens and can be easily reproduced.

    Documents

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2IOdoRyIoo

    The example below demonstrates that it doesn't need to be the last drone in your pocket for this bug to happen.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7V9qygriWLo

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/TKCO2QQZ5O55/deadbydaylight.log

    Although hopefully they prioritize your report, because all of these points are annoying!