Something that bugs me

So it's obvious you will auto-die on hook if your the last survivor right? Well...what if the exit gates are opened and/or hatch is still active. Shouldn't you still be giving the chance to escape prompt? I get it's a waste of time because 4% and killer can just down you again but I mean you gain haste and endurance now so shouldn't the chance to escape still at least be a thing? I bring this up because a match can go extremely smoothly and I wasn't hooked once then all of a sudden I'm hooked and my team decides to leave me.

Comments

  • @jamally093 said:

    So it's obvious you will auto-die on hook if your the last survivor right? Well...what if the exit gates are opened and/or hatch is still active. Shouldn't you still be giving the chance to escape prompt? I get it's a waste of time because 4% and killer can just down you again but I mean you gain haste and endurance now so shouldn't the chance to escape still at least be a thing? I bring this up because a match can go extremely smoothly and I wasn't hooked once then all of a sudden I'm hooked and my team decides to leave me.

    Shouldn't you still be giving the chance to escape prompt? I get it's a waste of time because 4% and killer can just down you again but I mean you gain haste and endurance now so shouldn't the chance to escape still at least be a thing?

    It would make the game worse.

    Killer downs you near the gate. Instead of throwing you on the hook, they now walk farther away. Boring.

    Let's say they can't get farther away and you pull off the 4% and get a free escape. That's not really a fun experience for the killer (I say this as a person who defends the 4% in other cases).

    Not to mention, for killers who really want to win, if you are downed far away from hatch, instead of taking the chance you have deliverance / 4%, they just leave you to bleed out.

    I bring this up because a match can go extremely smoothly and I wasn't hooked once then all of a sudden I'm hooked and my team decides to leave me.

    Part of the game is the tension that even if you play great for 95% of the game, you can still have it snatched away from you at the end.

    That's one of the points BHVR gets the horror theme exactly right.

  • Counter point, killer should have Yellow Mori basekit.