Is anybody else getting constantly disconnected from matches after the mid-chapter update?

I swear, I’ve never had this problem before playing this game, but ever since the patch I can’t play a match without being disconnected. I’ve done every recommendation from year-old Reddit threads and badly written online articles about this issue, and it hasn’t fixed the problem at all. I’ve pulled 6 hours of matchmaking bans because of this, and I’m starting to panic.

While reading the patch notes today trying desperately to find other people who are struggling with this, I noticed a note about fixing an issue where people would DC midmatch, and am left with the thought that by fixing the bug that kicked other people out of the game, there might be a new bug kicking out other people who weren’t affected before.

Is anybody else being affected like this, or has something with my router or PC broken down and is just unfixable?

Comments

  • It's pretty frequent, and has gotten worse (both after the last update and again after the current event started). Full trial drops, everyone punted. Happens randomly, with no obvious specific trigger.

    Players have been complaining about it for a while. BHVR has not publicly said anything about it, and in problem reports sent in the individual players tend to get responses back that it's them, not the game.

    BHVR seems to be taking the "head in the ground" approach. If they don't see the problem, there is no problem.

  • Yep i have the problem as well. Please contribute to this bug report post, upload your logs to Jocelynbee.

    @EasternSpock said:

    I am on PS5 playing on US East Coast servers, and have posted before about being kicked from matches and receiving "Disconnected from Host" error messages. With the latest update, the error messages were changed to be more clear. It now says, "Dedicated server is not responding; disconnecting...".

    It happened to me today as Singularity right after I switched to a biopod, and suddenly realized I did not have a prompt to exit it. Though this is my first time experiencing this since the update, the same thing has been happening regularly in my matches since around January of 2023 and I have been receiving disconnect penalties for it which force me to stop playing the game. The error usually coincides with a change of health or hook states, using a killer power, performing an interaction, etc. Anything the server has to validate I suppose.

    I hope the fact that this new error message specifies it is an issue with the dedicated servers will help BHVR to quickly resolve it. This thread includes hundreds of comments from a number of players that regularly experience similar disconnections, which we can now see are an issue with servers not responding: https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/366497/forcefully-kicked-from-match/p1

    Please acknowledge this report, it's been an endlessly frustrating issue that has repeatedly prevented me from enjoying a game I've purchased content for. Video of one experience below, several other examples in the comments.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mpQESyFNww


  • It happens pretty often. Usually once but up to twice during an evening session.

    Most of the time I don't get a penalty for it.

    I suspect it's a crash on the side of the server, disconnecting everyone at once. Nothing can be done about it on our side.

    I'm in Europe BTW : I don't know if the problem is world-wide spread.