Game won't launch

• Platform

Steam

• Description of the issue

When I launch the game it will show me the EAC splash for a minute and then when that closes nothing. There is a dbd.exe process stuck at 300mb but it stays that way, steam also shows the game as running.

I can launch the game from the shipping.exe in the game's folder (which skips EAC), but obviously you need to lunch it normally for it to let you play.

• How often does this occur

Every single time


I have seen posts in this forum, reddit and reviews with this problem, all recent.

https://www.reddit.com/r/deadbydaylight/comments/17hwwsp/the_game_wont_launch_after_the_eac_splash/

https://www.reddit.com/r/deadbydaylight/comments/17e3fnx/game_not_launching/

https://steamcommunity.com/id/imjustrytolive/recommended/381210/

https://steamcommunity.com/id/changuwus/recommended/381210?snr=1_5_9__402

https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/395128/game-launch-problem

Don't come at me with the "technical issue" bs, this is a bug that happens to a lot of people. For every person with this problem that writes a post or a review there are many others who don't bother.

Btw can I give feedback on the support team? it isn't good.

Comments

  • They don't know what to do. I actually got feedback and was emailing support back and forth for about a week. At the end they suggest I contact Steam or Easy Anti-Cheat.