What's the difference between DBD and a "Cloud Game"?
I play on Switch and in the eshop you can buy cloud versions of some Resident Evil games that apparently run on servers and you will get a 6 month warning before they are shut off.
Why is DBD not considered in this category? I mean we are playing on servers that they could shut off, so I'm genuinely curious, what's the difference?
Comments
Cloud games are games where you download and unload the game as you are playing it, instead of installing the entire thing all at once. You're playing chunks, downloading the next chunk and unloading the previous chunk as you go. When those servers go down, you won't be able to play those games anymore at all because they rely on the servers to exist at all.
DbD is an online multiplayer game but you download the entire thing and have it on your Switch. It relies on servers to be played, because it's online, but years from now when DbD servers don't exist anymore, the game will still exist on your system.