For people who want to have more fun with DBD survivor

So I played as Billy and I found one Dwight who did 2 gens, and a hex totem while injured. And it got me thinking, should I stop running self care. I asked him and he said yeah since it's better to do gens and another guy said you can get half a gen in that time it takes you to heal. I tried a game without self care and I think it was one of the most fun games I've had in a while. Mainly because it was a 3 blink Nurse who wasn't the most experienced. But it was still fun being scared of the killer approaching you. I think I might use this build from now on, Bond, Iron will, Balanced landing and Urban evasion. It's fun being injured more.

So if anyone find survivor boring, removing self care (if u run it) might spice things up.

Comments

  • Yeah, not "wasting" time on healing makes the match go way faster.
    When i play solo i never run self care, but mainly because i find more useful other perks.
    If you wanna play like that i advise you to take resilience, it's a really good perk.
  • Poweas said:

    So I played as Billy and I found one Dwight who did 2 gens, and a hex totem while injured. And it got me thinking, should I stop running self care. I asked him and he said yeah since it's better to do gens and another guy said you can get half a gen in that time it takes you to heal. I tried a game without self care and I think it was one of the most fun games I've had in a while. Mainly because it was a 3 blink Nurse who wasn't the most experienced. But it was still fun being scared of the killer approaching you. I think I might use this build from now on, Bond, Iron will, Balanced landing and Urban evasion. It's fun being injured more.

    So if anyone find survivor boring, removing self care (if u run it) might spice things up.

    Lmao 

    Welcome to DBD in 2017 LUL

  • I dont use Self Care. I used Pharmacy. - Shades on-
  • PigNRun said:
    I dont use Self Care. I used Pharmacy. - Shades on-
    Yeah this. 16-20 second self-heal. That's a quarter of a gen tops. The fact I can now take a second hit means I can easily drag out a chase long enough to compensate for those 16-20 seconds it took me to heal.

    I also run we'll make it so i heal others really fast.

    Self-care is dead.
  • Self Care is such a waste of time now. You should only be healing yourself if it's absolutely necessary. But with anti-heal being a thing you are better off running Adren and just rushing gens without healing.

    I too use Iron Will, Bond, and Balanced Landing. Not really a fan of Urban though, you don't need it. Adren is the best 4th, Hope is really good too because with BL it soft counters NOED and makes it impossible for a slow killer to catch you.

  • You’re about a year late.  Self Care is the most overrated perk in the game, especially now.  
  • @ItsYourBoyGuzma said:
    Poweas said:

    So I played as Billy and I found one Dwight who did 2 gens, and a hex totem while injured. And it got me thinking, should I stop running self care. I asked him and he said yeah since it's better to do gens and another guy said you can get half a gen in that time it takes you to heal. I tried a game without self care and I think it was one of the most fun games I've had in a while. Mainly because it was a 3 blink Nurse who wasn't the most experienced. But it was still fun being scared of the killer approaching you. I think I might use this build from now on, Bond, Iron will, Balanced landing and Urban evasion. It's fun being injured more.

    So if anyone find survivor boring, removing self care (if u run it) might spice things up.

    Lmao 

    Welcome to DBD in 2017 LUL

    It's 2018...

  • @altruistic said:
    You’re about a year late.  Self Care is the most overrated perk in the game, especially now.  

    I didn't run it one year ago but I needed the crutch so I started running it and Sprint burst. But now they've both been nerfed so heavily and I don't need the crutch anymore so I've decided to play in a different, interesting gamestyle.

  • I've been running a build as Jake that works better when injured. Resilience, Dead Hard, Iron Will and This Is Not Happening. Bonus repair speed and much easier great skill checks.

  • @thesuicidefox said:
    Self Care is such a waste of time now. You should only be healing yourself if it's absolutely necessary. But with anti-heal being a thing you are better off running Adren and just rushing gens without healing.

    I too use Iron Will, Bond, and Balanced Landing. Not really a fan of Urban though, you don't need it. Adren is the best 4th, Hope is really good too because with BL it soft counters NOED and makes it impossible for a slow killer to catch you.

    I'll start running Adrenaline once I've got used to this gamestyle, urban evasion is because I'm trying to experiment on stealthing for a while because this is kind new to me, being able to get smacked one and downed, I mean I did this one year ago and I got crushed a lot but I'm definitely ready to start doing it now though.

  • @The_Trapper said:
    I've been running a build as Jake that works better when injured. Resilience, Dead Hard, Iron Will and This Is Not Happening. Bonus repair speed and much easier great skill checks.

    That's a good build. I'd personally either run it with no mither or Balanced landing in the space of Dead hard but that's because I don't like Dead hard a lot. Still a really strong build the way you suggested it though.