What kind of computer is viable to play DBD?
I want to try and get into PC gaming for DBD to see how different it is and if I'll enjoy it more than console. What type of specs would be required. Or would my HP laptop be enough?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Well a HP laptop can be everything, you need to be more precise...
You need a decent GPU for DBD, thats most important.
I use an Alienware.
16gig RAM, i7 quad
and an older video card...Nvidia 890 or something and it runs flawlessly, as long as my internet provider doesn't cut out....
You probably want at least 8 gs of ram and at least a somewhat decent video card (probably not the newest ones that can run VR though lol).
If you are going to invest in a gaming rig, you are better off popping for a few extra gigs of ram and a nicer video card so you can play other games at the highest setting too.
Otherwise, give it a shot! I used to raid in WoW on my old gradschool laptop on lower setting and it was just fine.
Just my 2 cents.
What is the model # of your laptop? Should be on a label on the bottom most likely.
The specs for that model # list as a Pentium N3520 and integrated graphics so you would not be able to run any modern game on the system. I have an HP Omen laptop with an RX580 and I run a GTX1060 in my self-built gaming desktop.
If you are wanting to get into PC gaming, I would recommend building your own PC as most system integrators cheap out on essential components such as motherboards and power supplies to keep the cost down and by building your own you can ensure you get quality parts.