Why do you think BHVR creates killer powers with 200ms when the ping limit is 2.000ms?
"Just dodge the tail attack" is something you hear frequently on this forum. But how should I do this when the killer has the red ping symbol showing. He alone has a minimum of 300ms ping. That makes it impossible for me to dodge his attack since he is has the hit authority.
Hence my suggestion. Each killer power has an additional delay which corresponds to the average killer ping.
What do you guys think about this proposal?
Comments
Lots of games use some sort of rollback netcode, I'm sure DBD could work with it. I think that's what you're suggesting anyway, a lag-compensation system like FPS games use. I don't know how feasible it would be for Behaviour to add it, but it'd certainly work.
I think you should stop malding about a killer with an attack range of tier 2.5 nemesis and a delay 0.1 second shorter who also cannot break pallets with that attack.
this topic is about ping in general, thank you.
Xeno has a range of 4.8m, Nemesis in Tier 1 and 2 is 5m. Nemesis also has a charge time of .35 seconds, Xeno has .2 seconds.
The main difference between the 2, is pallets and windows can actually work against Nemesis. Xeno on the other hand can hit over pallets and windows and also around walls because his hitbox actually follows the end of the tail. He can attack, wait until the hitbox is behind a wall and drag it around. This same trick is also how the downwards drag tech is performed
What killer power is dodgeable with 2000 ping? Pretty sure you'll never see any windup of any power with 2000 ping before you get hit.
Exactly, Killers shouldn't be rewarded when they have bad latency. That's why we get VPN Killers from 8 regions off because they get a 'lagvantage' to do so. It is silly that I get punished with swings at windows that barely miss when we both have less than 20 ping, but if either of us had 100 ping it would be a hit. That honestly throws me off more than MfT, when we both have perfect latency and it might as well be a LAN match.
High ping definetely should not be advantage but it should be other way around. I think there should thing showing ping before match start because who want to play agains't someone with bad ping. The limit definetely should be 500ms or lower.