Eeasy Anti Cheat on Linux

Platform:

I am on PC/Steam

PC Specs:

OS: Arch Linux (Base of SteamDeck)

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Nvidia 3060 12GB

RAM: 16GB


Description of the issue:

On Steam it says that the game is Steam Deck Verified and that also means, it should run on linux, I installed the game after the Alien update, cuz i am a big fan and I wanted to play as the Xenomorph. After launching the game and waiting for EAC to load, I get the "EAC client cannot be instantiated." error and get kicked out of the game (screenshot attached)


before writting a ticket here i tried:

Using Proton 8.0-3, Proton Experimental, Proton-GE 8-13

Using protontricks to reinstall the EAC from the installer in the folder of the game


Steps To Reproduce:

1.Install DBD

2.Launch DBD

3.Wait for EAC to load

4.Wait for the Intro video at the start of the game to finish / Skip it

5.At the Press space to continue screen, when clicked, I am getting the error

Screenshot_20230901_004800.png


How often does it occur:

on every launch of the game

Tagged: Not a Bug

Comments