Hey, Devs! When, if ever, can we expect to see data transfer from switch to PC and vice versa?

I’m sure this comes up a lot.

I started playing this game with friends using my switch a while back and have lots of progress/gameplay for all of my favorite survivors and killers. I’ve even put quite a bit of money into the game for DLCs and cosmetics.


Now that I’m planning on getting a PC, I’m really hoping that I’m not going to have to start all over and I’m sure there’s lots of players that might feel the same way or experience this when they play on different platforms. I main Jill Valentine from the Resi DLC, and I can understand how licensing might cause issues for transferring— but I’d even buy the DLC (and all other licensed DLCs) again on PC if it meant that I at least had all of my progress for game OG characters.


Thanks so much!!

Comments

  • @SlimJadey said:

    I’m sure this comes up a lot.

    I started playing this game with friends using my switch a while back and have lots of progress/gameplay for all of my favorite survivors and killers. I’ve even put quite a bit of money into the game for DLCs and cosmetics.

    Now that I’m planning on getting a PC, I’m really hoping that I’m not going to have to start all over and I’m sure there’s lots of players that might feel the same way or experience this when they play on different platforms. I main Jill Valentine from the Resi DLC, and I can understand how licensing might cause issues for transferring— but I’d even buy the DLC (and all other licensed DLCs) again on PC if it meant that I at least had all of my progress for game OG characters.

    Thanks so much!!

    Short answer is you won't be seeing it.

    Long answer is that for some reason they've hit a snag on cross progression that seems to be out of their control and so it isn't coming anytime soon or more likely at all.

  • @SlimJadey said:

    I’m sure this comes up a lot.

    I started playing this game with friends using my switch a while back and have lots of progress/gameplay for all of my favorite survivors and killers. I’ve even put quite a bit of money into the game for DLCs and cosmetics.

    Now that I’m planning on getting a PC, I’m really hoping that I’m not going to have to start all over and I’m sure there’s lots of players that might feel the same way or experience this when they play on different platforms. I main Jill Valentine from the Resi DLC, and I can understand how licensing might cause issues for transferring— but I’d even buy the DLC (and all other licensed DLCs) again on PC if it meant that I at least had all of my progress for game OG characters.

    Thanks so much!!

    Cross Progression for the Switch was due out last September but that deal fell through and sadly there's been no update since.