I just can't agree with some killers difficulties.
Hey, so all you know we have a list of killers based on their Difficulties. Such as:
- Easy - Trapper, Wraith, Legion.
- Moderate - Billy, Huntress, Bubba, Artist, Dredge, Knight, Trickster, Wesker, Clown, Myers, Freddy.
- Hard - Doctor, Spirit, GF, Slinger, Sadako, Singularity, SM, Plague, Pig
- And a few as Very hard - Nurse, Twins, Hag, Pyramid, Blight, Oni, Pinhead.
I know that each player can feel different about difficulty of each killer, but here's some questions you might find worthy to discuss:
- Is Sadako really so much harder to play compared to Legion or Wraith? Personally I completely disagree. She is literally a teleporting M1 killer, there is nothing "hard" about her kit tbh.
- Is Billy really just a Moderate difficulty? To me, Billy is one of the most hardest killers to play as, he's deff up in the Very hard category.
- Is Artist really just a Moderate difficulty? I feel like she's much harder to play to say that she's the same as Myers (ffs).
- Is Clown, Myers and Freddy are harder to play compared to Trapper Wraith and Legion? Personally I think they're on a same category as they do. I can't see something complicated about their powers.
- Doctor as hard as Singularity? Excuse me?
I can still go on on this list of questions, but you get what I mean... Do you guys actually agree on the difficulties that we have for killers now? I don't think they're accurate. And based on who they're making such decisions on killers difficulties...?
Not that it really matters, but it's just interesting to me.=)
Comments
I don't agree with them all either. but
Good points.
Tho I still think that Sadako is pretty easy to play as, since her condemn is completely automatical, you don't really need to think about it too much.
To down a survivor as this killer you just need a basic knowledge of mindgames.
To me Sadako should be Moderate, just because of her TV's and keeping eye on a survivors with tapes. Otherwise she would be as easy as Trapper,
Tho Trapper is easy - pretty arguable too.
I think teleporting killers like Sadako and Dredge are mid in terms of difficulty cause you need to know the map to utilize their power well and cut off survivors or harass them when working on gens.
I suppose the question is what do we mean by difficult?
After looking at what BHVR feedback tends to be and the ratings as they are, it's mostly "difficult to understand" that seems to be defining factors.
1) Sadako is hard because you have to understand how her tape power works and be able to identify what Survivors are doing in order to maintain your pressure for the threat of condemn and keep control of the game.
2) Billy is mechanically challenging, but his power is relatively simple. Moderate because its a combination of mobility tool and instant downing tool knowing when you should use it or not in loops. Mechanically hard to play, but reasonably straight forward to understand.
3) Artist I disagree with a little, but I guess again her power is reasonably simple to understand. Put down your crows, and throw them where you think survivors are. You need to know when to throw them down to control loops for nearby hits, but again it's a reasonably straight forward power.
I can keep going but you get the point.
I believe these are supposed to be made for new players, like the killers entry level if you don't have much experience. For example, Legion is literally hit a survivor and move faster to hit other survivors, meanwhike sadako has multiple things she has to try stay aware of at once which might be tough for new players.