Perk build complains??

Why are people complaining about certain perk builds like isn't that literally the entire point of perks?? To use and counter each other and win I'm so confused someone pls explain

Comments

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3517077#Comment_3517077

    I'm not. but I am saying that they being injured is a big deal if their skill is actually properly matched. and that the fact you only gotta chase 1 time is enough of a time save.

    depends on the survivor. how much attention they are paying, if they wanna try finishing whatever they are doing right now, if they think you are chasing someone else, if you have any way of changing your terror radious or getting undetectable etc etc.

    wanna ask a question? then just ask it. give me the scenario you think makes this unfair. otherwise... I'm just gonna say 0m. the killer can be on top of the survivor before they realize it.

    it has happened a lot... therefore I say it's reasonable.

    probably not the most common or expected. but I would not be surprised if it happened in a game during the last 2 minutes.

    I agree with this, sometime when I hear the TR I usually wait till it gets to layer 3 before I move which then ends up putting me in a chase, idk if this is just me or..

  • @Reinami said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3517107#Comment_3517107

    I can see you aren't willing to have a discussion without be disingenuous, so i'm gonna go ahead and disengage. If you'd like to discuss further i'd be happy to, but only if you are willing to actually discuss within a set of parameters that we agree on. If not, that's fine, this is a forum for a video game, so nobody is obligated to do anything.

    Either way, hope you have a good day.

    #professional

  • @Archive512 said:

    ive been brainstorming to the group i play with often that perk tags would solve a lot of 'problems', real or not.

    'the heck are perk tags?' i hear you say. well, each perk is given one or sometimes two tags, depending on what they broadly do. kindred? vision / aura. dead hard? endurance. self care? healing / recovery. prove thyself? generator, etc. it would mean you could search 'healing' as a tag and get all perks related to healing, which pretty much already happens with the search bar.

    heres the kicker: no more than two of the same perk tags in a build. you bring adrenaline and DH? cant bring any other exhaustion tags. have stake out and prove thyself? say goodbye to hyperfocus. means killers legitimately can no longer complain about a 'meta build' because there would be so many variations on the groups of perks. plus, it would give some lesser used perks at least a chance.

    oh its not just on survivor, its on everyone. goodbye 4 slowdown perk builds for killers, as tags will be on killers perks too but altered towards killer objectives. heck, if tags are too complicated just use the points categories as a system. would solve or at least help out with the 'killer / survivors are only using [PERKS 1-4] and its ruining the game' ideology.

    again, this is just me brainstorming ideas with the guys i play with while i wait for their skilled patooties to finish punish looping a killer for 5 gens bc i got tunnelled out due to my tunneling skills being as solid as overcooked noodles. any ideas / opinions are welcome, lets discuss!

    I mean..idk, I see where you're coming from and what this could mean..but like..man..

  • @MikeyBoi said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3515944#Comment_3515944

    Oh couldn’t agree more! I played around 7 games of Swf yesterday and pretty much every single game it’s just corrrupt, sloppy, STBFL, Pop, deadlock and pain res. That’s it that’s all killers run are those perks.

    Survivors have 4 people and access to 16 perks while the Killer can only chase and hook one person at a time.

    Killer DESERVES strong perks, Survivor perks should be weaker since they are supposed to work as a team.

    No perk should increase Gen speed progress and no perk should allow Survivors to gain Haste without a massive downside, Hope's downside is that you have to finish Gens, MFT should leave you broken and exhausted until you are downed.

  • @Snowball777 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3515951#Comment_3515951

    Survivors have 4 people and access to 16 perks while the Killer can only chase and hook one person at a time.

    Killer DESERVES strong perks, Survivor perks should be weaker since they are supposed to work as a team.

    No perk should increase Gen speed progress and no perk should allow Survivors to gain Haste without a massive downside, Hope's downside is that you have to finish Gens, MFT should leave you broken and exhausted until you are downed.

    I do agree but a few counter arguments:

    MFT doesn't work when exhausted???

    There definitely should be perks to increase gen speed ESPECIALLY when working by yourself

    You as a killer already have strong perks, faster movement speed, AND abilities WITH add ons that can modify it drastically

  • @Snowball777 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3515951#Comment_3515951

    Survivors have 4 people and access to 16 perks while the Killer can only chase and hook one person at a time.

    Killer DESERVES strong perks, Survivor perks should be weaker since they are supposed to work as a team.

    No perk should increase Gen speed progress and no perk should allow Survivors to gain Haste without a massive downside, Hope's downside is that you have to finish Gens, MFT should leave you broken and exhausted until you are downed.

    I can argue that survivors can not kill killer so they deserve strong perks…

  • He is only free on console not on PC. I play on Epic Games platform.

  • @JustAnotherNewbie said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3517476#Comment_3517476

    He is only free on console not on PC. I play on Epic Games platform.

    WHAT I NEVER KNEW THIS

1 2 ›