I Feel Like We Need More Chase Perks.
Now hear me out, this is mainly talking about M1’s. You can easily say a new chase perk can’t activate during certain points (like dashing or teleporting), but I’m a strong believer that their should be more perks that just give killers a small haste boost for preforming “X”. That being whatever you think should be there. I think breaking pallets, walls, or gens should be there. My friend said stuns or blinds (I’m not 100% sold on that). It just feels odd that in the past 7 years we got a total of what 3 chase perks? And 1 is kinda garbage?
Just would like to see those types of perks added.
Comments
The problem with chase perks for killers is twofold.
If its proactive like haste for downing or hitting a survivor, that makes tunneling even stronger which is the meta way to play killer atm, so it has to be weak. See: Xenomorph's new perk.
However, if it's reactive i.e haste for getting stunned/blinded/sabo'd, it effectively mimizes counterplay for the survivors and punishes them for trying to counter the killer. So these perks have to be weak as well. See: Hubris from the Knight.
It could be a hex perk like Devour (which gives Haste too,) but we already know how volatile hexes can be. And thus, that's probably way there's a lack of them.
I think maybe a perk that let's you preemptively destroy two pallets or block two windows permanently or one of each could be a cool perk to help M1 killers reduce the strength of maps and encourage them to chase, since there's usually a lot of good loops I don't think it'd be too oppressive.
While i do agree it's just really hard to make them fair for the 1v1 without making them just bad.