Game appears to be fully broken: either not initializing, can’t load save game, or more.

PS5 here. This started last night around 11:00pm EST by me getting left behind in the player lobby when a match lobby was found and my friends went into it. I gave up trying to play last night, and now this morning I am getting the following error messages:

  • initialization error at loading screen
  • save game error at loading screen
  • No network connection at loading screen
  • disconnected from host if I make it to my lobby
  • no friends appearing in friend menu if I make it to my lobby
  • save game error (or similar, can’t remember exactly what this one said but I know it was different than the one I see in the loading screen) if I make it to my lobby.

The game literally isn’t playable for me right now and I can’t get it to let me load into a match. Is anyone else dealing with this?

Tagged: Under Review

Comments

  • I’ll add that I’ve tested my network connection and it’s fully functional. Tried different Wi-Fi connections since I have multiple to no avail.

  • I’ll add that I’ve since also gotten invalid game version (after already applying todays update file) error message at loadout, dedicated server not responding when I finally made it to a lobby and attempted to load into a match, and player level error if I’m in a lobby. I’m pretty much seeing every error message possible.

    I also tried installing the PS4 version of the game, and it worked for one match this morning, but now when I try to load it up it won’t work. Same error messages as above.

  • It's been happening often that while in a swf, 2 of us will load in and one is stuck on a blank screen with a campfire. So we have to back out and wait for them or me to restart the game completely. Even the game loading up takes forever

  • Yes I agree. I have been having the same issues on my end. I just get every error possible and can't play survivor at all. I can play a full killer game but then it crashes on me after

  • Same here, i have to restart the game twice, than i can get in a lobby. Play one match, but after i need to restart again and again. Its not fun playing anymore... :(

  • Wanted to add to this thread that this exact same issue has been happening to me around the same time last night also on PS5. I’ve received different errors:

    -connection lost

    -unable to connect to the store

    -initialization error

    -no network found (my network is completely normal)

    Editing this, just was able to load into a lobby and as soon as I pressed to play as survivor an error came up saying I was signed out of PlayStation network and returned me to title screen. Now getting nonstop initialization errors when trying to load game.

  • Registered an account just to sign on to this because I'm having the exact same issues on PS5.

    I was playing earlier in the day and found it odd that after the patch it said I had a client version mismatch despite having just patched the game before opening it. A restart got me in, but then after completing a bloodweb page the next page failed to load, and I could not back out of the screen - after a couple of minutes I determined the best thing to do was force quit the game. Now I went to sign back on tonight and several separate issues prevent me from signing in. the main difference is after multiple game restarts and console power cycles - I can't even get in at all. It seems like it fails or hangs at a different spot each time.

    • initialization error at loading screen (or hanging at initialization completed)
    • save game error at loading screen (where it provides a link to submit something to, advising my save could not be used)
    • No network connection at loading screen
    • hanging at "loading consent"
    • hanging at calculating latency
    • error code 8007 - cannot connect to online services. Please try again later. Every other game loads to online servers just fine.

    Update: Managed to get to the lobby, looks like the bloodweb page I had completed before reverted as if it hadn't saved. I completed it again and it did load the following page but then kicked me back to the lobby with a "The connection to the party has been lost" error. Attempting to clear the error and select a survivor now provides a Failed to create a party error. It's me, party of 1.

    Update 2: Was able to select a character and join a game, as the match start countdown hit zero, I was booted back to the menu with a "dedicated server is not responding; disconnecting..." error.

  • Post update I am getting the "Cannot connect to store - cannot retrieve list of the available content" error. Can't make it any further. (I'm on PS5).

  • This has been happening to me too! Kept getting kicked out and now after the update it won't load at all because it cannot connect to store??

  • I was able to play fine yesterday/last night after the update, played for a good few hours. But now today when I go to log in I am getting the error about not being able to load into the store. I am on PS5.

    IMG_1052.jpeg


  • HELP US I WANT MY 50K LOGIN BONUS. legit been kicked out all day 😭😭

    189de90827212-6ad6D2E0F81C3EAF66C.791B3F5C39E142CC_message_433062275917589_1691649515303.jpg