Recent update thoughts.

So I haven’t played in over a month because I wanted some time away from this sweat pool of a game, but I decided to read the patch notes and… they’re something alright.

1: Why remove hookgrabs if you’re buffing hooked Survivors anyway later this year? Grabbing in general is a good skill because it requires timing, now that being said it’s way easier to grab someone unhooking but their line saying “you can still down a survivor who is unhooking before they unhook” is laughable unless you’re running STBFL. Don’t lie Devs.

2: Our friendly Neighborhood Ghost got reworked… with glaring issues. I do enjoy that the TVs don’t take a million years to restart but why are the tapes protecting the survivors now? That seems sillier than Jason being afraid of water, they need to look into how that actually affects play instead of a statistic on it. Since statistics don’t account for a lot of things in a trial.

3: Killer Perks got buffed? You sure? I saw a pretty unused perk that got buffed but can easily be destroyed by gen rushing and a useless aura perk still remain useless.

4: Survivor Perks… I actually don’t hate any of these. PTS got its bo taken away which sucks for survivors but that’s just how the devs have been doing things. I am concerned over the 50% blast mine though, can’t wait to be stunned a million times. Wire tap isn’t a true issue if they just reduced the area by a little bit.

5: Jonny Blaze and his perks look very entertaining. A lot of speed boosts I’m guessing to counter the use of SB and such.

6: Spirits add ons got nerfed and buffed, wonder how that will change the game.

7: This brand new part change basically reverts the gen back to how it was before the 10 second add on time, which means it’s going to be very annoying to deal with but no where near how bad the other ones are

This update is survivor sides for sure but not in a hugely bad way, here’s hoping the learn from it and figure out how to balance things before moving forward.


Also hurry up and help Trapper and Freddy you cowards.

Comments