Can't open the game because of corrupt files (Error: 600)


I'm not exactly sure where to post this, and I've tried every other option available to me to try and figure this out, but to no avail

I've been trying to play for 2 days now- uninstalling the game, verifying the game files, and it doesn't do anything. Every time I open the game, I keep getting the same error;


"Game files validation failed

Error code: 600

File: pakchunk39-WindowsNoEditor.pak"


I'm playing on Steam, and I just want to play the game again.


Please for the love of god I just want to get back into the game :<

Tagged: Not a Bug

Comments

  • Hi! So, I actually fixed my issue!

    All I did was manually delete my game files, in the Dead By Daylight folder, and verify the game files.

    Steam manually reinstalled them, and then I was good to go!