My survivor teammates vs my survivor enemies
I’ve noticed every time I load into a survivor lobby my prestige and skill is way greater than my prestige and teammates BUT when I load into killer, the game decides to put me with a bunch of sweaty gamers. You could say I’m a better killer than survivor yet I am garbage at killer. Which makes the killer games I play unfair and simply unfun. I know this won’t change because the game thinks I’m a great killer so I that’s why I only play killer in customs
Comments
The refusal to bring back stricter matchmaking is killing this game. We're back in 2018 where the matchmaking is random, so you get bad teammates as a solo, and sweaty swfs or babies as killer. MMR as a concept is a good idea, but it can't be based off just kills and escapes. That's not indicative of skill, or what happened in the match at all. Just the result. A killer could get 2 kills with 10 hooks or 2 hooks. Team MMR was a step in the right direction: less MMR gained the fewer teammates escape, and less MMR lost the more teammates escape. I could actually get decent teammates if I pushed hard enough.
Now though, the MMR ceiling is so low, and the queue times so fast, that MMR hell is practically the entire ladder. You can't even gain MMR, because your 8-win streak is simply making up for all the matches you shouldn't have lost in the first place. At most you break even. Survive with friends can fix this, but then we're living in the past with the circular debate:
"You can't buff killers! What about solos?"
"You can't nerf killers! What about SWF?"
"You can't nerf SWF! What about solos?"
"You can't buff solos! What about SWF?"
The game cannot be balanced without fixing the matchmaking first. The survivor death rate means nothing if half your deaths are because of weak teammates and not because of the killer. The kill rate means nothing if half your kills are from 2-hooks, 1-hooks, and survivors purposefully dying on hook. If every player in the match knows what they're doing, instead of just half of them, then we'll see what's strong and what's not.