If You See This in Chat, Condemn This Kind of Behaviour

I'd say 1 in 8 matches there're bigoted survivors like this in the lobby. It's up to the community to shame toxicity in chat, no matter if you're a Survivor or Killer. Damage their pretentious egos. Report them, but who knows if BHVR will actually hand out bans for this kind of stuff? There're hundreds of false reports a day; there's no way they're reading all of them.

Untitled.png

Pin?

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • I'm sorry you've had to deal with that in game, WashYourHands. The comments shown are reportable (in-game report for Communications Abuse Required, Support Ticket Optional) as it is going into discrimination & hateful rhetoric.

    But please know that, yes, they absolutely are looked at. They are gone through by the ACMs, and if deemed to be actionable a reported player will be subject to Game Ban Escalation. There is no doubt some things are reported that do not need to be, but that doesn't mean real reports are lost because of it. I (sadly) speak from experience, as I've had to use the report system on occasion for such instances (and sent a screenshot in a ticket as well). I got a response relatively quick that while they cannot disclose the result of the Ticket, it was indeed being looked into.

    There is a difference between comments of a player upset over the result of the game, and then there is hate speech, insults of a severe and/or discriminatory nature, and targeted or repeated harassment. Anything in the latter group is absolutely reportable (as well if you feel a comment is in the latter groups), and should be. For anyone that needs a link to the game rules, you can find em here: https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/kb/articles/139-game-rules