The anniversary stream mentioned nothing about cheaters and game optimizations

Why aren't there important problems discussed or mentioned in the stream? Where are the promised optimizations? You should uphold to your promises but you continuously lie then probably tell yourself in front of a mirror "I must've forgotten. My memory isn't what it used to be". Be a man and take responsibilities instead of ignoring it and walking away from problems.

Lie after lie and you're wondering why people are sick of you.

@Pulsar said:

Recently, it's been getting more and more difficult to enjoy this game and to look over the glaring issues. The Console port of DBD has shown that the game is extremely poorly optimized, and performance will continue to get worse unless BHVR addresses the issues now.

I fear that soon, the game will become unplayable for us on current-gen Consoles. Resident Evil broke the game for a month, and it still hasn't fully recovered. What this shows is that the issue is built into the game itself, and will likely continue to worsen if it is not resolved. Likewise, we are seeing the return of bugs long thought patched, which makes me suspect that the entire code is starting to crumble under the weight of the game. I hope BHVR takes the time to do this correctly and fixes their game. If they do not, I fear we will soon lose the ability to play it at all.

Here are some videos demonstrating my points, please note that these were all taken PRIOR to the RE patch in June of 2021. These issues have been plaguing Console players since the game was ported in 2017. I doubt there will ever be an official confirmation from BHVR, but it is important that we do not let these issues go silently. The only thing we can do is continue to talk and spread awareness about them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nl7zIxwMUn0&ab_channel=PulsarGaming360

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7p_8C649Rs&ab_channel=PulsarGaming360

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSa8yNir8wU&ab_channel=PulsarGaming360

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlwQc0rdiM0&ab_channel=PulsarGaming360

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tQaee-Od90&ab_channel=PulsarGaming360

August Edit: Well, we are nearing 100 pages. Congrats everyone. We still haven't gotten an answer from BHVR about what happened to Optimization, but we have inspired others to start to question it. I've furthered clarified the purpose of the thread and adjusted some of the language used in this opening statement to better reflect that.

Thank you.

No dev comment. You know what that means.

Comments

  • On top of that, because of Survivor's new perk, you won't know until the end of the match if you're using acceleration cheats, and all matched players will be left in a daze.

  • @tyantlmumagjiaonuha said:

    On top of that, because of Survivor's new perk, you won't know until the end of the match if you're using acceleration cheats, and all matched players will be left in a daze.

    The devs ran out of ideas on perks so they'll make something up as they go. That perk proves my theory.

  • @omelette said:

    Why aren't there important problems discussed or mentioned in the stream? Where are the promised optimizations? You should uphold to your promises but you continuously lie then probably tell yourself in front of a mirror "I must've forgotten. My memory isn't what it used to be". Be a man and take responsibilities instead of ignoring it and walking away from problems.

    Lie after lie and you're wondering why people are sick of you.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/245229/the-continued-ignorance-of-performance-issues-continues-to-hamper-player-fun

    No dev comment. You know what that means.

    At this point it’s not gonna happen, has me wondering if BHVR will stop supporting last gen console pretty soon.

  • Funnily enough the stream DID mention something about cheaters, the open vulnerability disclosure initiative or whatever.

    I wouldn't put my hopes up though, from the way the person in charge was speaking, it's pretty much confirmed that BHVR has absolutely zero idea how to fix the DDOS issue. Oh, I'm sorry, there's no DDOSing in DBD only "random internet crashes that only happen when playing DBD and killer, not when playing anything else or survivor".

    The former dev also doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who would just send them an email and tell them what the vulnerability is out of the kindness of his heart. We are royally screwed.

  • @Beatricks said:

    Funnily enough the stream DID mention something about cheaters, the open vulnerability disclosure initiative or whatever.

    I wouldn't put my hopes up though, from the way the person in charge was speaking, it's pretty much confirmed that BHVR has absolutely zero idea how to fix the DDOS issue. Oh, I'm sorry, there's no DDOSing in DBD only "random internet crashes that only happen when playing DBD and killer, not when playing anything else or survivor".

    The former dev also doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who would just send them an email and tell them what the vulnerability is out of the kindness of his heart. We are royally screwed.

    They're using big words to sound smart and to impress strangers. It's been years and cheaters are still not dealt with and it gets worse as time goes on. There was a cheater in one of my matches today and he was flying through every thing.]

    I laughed when they said there was no DDoS and asked us to check our internet connection. They received major backlash from that fiasco.

    I'm treating this game as a cosmetics clothing store because they put more focus on the store tab than anything else. This might sound crazy but I have a feeling these devs are selling the cheats online.

  • @Nathan13 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/377164/the-anniversary-stream-mentioned-nothing-about-cheaters-and-game-optimizations

    At this point it’s not gonna happen, has me wondering if BHVR will stop supporting last gen console pretty soon.

    If they do then they should get a refund or bhvr should buy them a new console.

  • @omelette said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3440194#Comment_3440194

    They're using big words to sound smart and to impress strangers. It's been years and cheaters are still not dealt with and it gets worse as time goes on. There was a cheater in one of my matches today and he was flying through every thing.]

    I laughed when they said there was no DDoS and asked us to check our internet connection. They received major backlash from that fiasco.

    I'm treating this game as a cosmetics clothing store because they put more focus on the store tab than anything else. This might sound crazy but I have a feeling these devs are selling the cheats online.

    tbf, most games I see using Easy Anti-Cheat have a significant cheater problem.

    I'm not very knowledgeable about what EAC does, but I don't think it is a BHVR-specific problem. I also don't know if it is really worth BHVR investing a ton of time and resources into the matter, as AI anti-cheat seems to be just around the corner.

    It's not particularly cost effective for studios to be doing their own anti-cheat, when they can pay a third-party company that is devoting all of their resources towards leading the industry in anti-cheat. ...unfortunately for us gamers, that third-party company is currently doing a piss poor job of staying ahead of the problem.

    I'm not the most knowledgeable about all this, but I'm guessing BHVR is quietly waiting out the storm while they follow industry news on how AI will solve online gaming as a whole.

  • @Nathan13 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/377164/the-anniversary-stream-mentioned-nothing-about-cheaters-and-game-optimizations

    At this point it’s not gonna happen, has me wondering if BHVR will stop supporting last gen console pretty soon.

    Most of the playerbase is on the consoles, and more than half of those are still toiling away on PS4 or Xbox1 or Switch. For live service games they have to continue to support those platforms until Sony and Microsoft & Nintendo end their support, or the game for technical reasons cannot play on them any more.

    That last part hasn't been reached yet because the major hiccups with last gen machines are based on optimization issues & bottlenecking problems, and not with their actual capabilities. PS4 and Xbox1 both can run far more demanding games than DBD quite well, it is just them trying to digest this games coding.