Don't permanently retire the best outposts!
Don't completely retire them. Reasons:
- If someone builds a really great outpost, then it should be played by as many players as possible. Builders want their maps to be played. And the players will enjoy playing beautiful and clever outposts!
- Builders spend a lot of time working on great outposts. But when they really perfect and finalise them, at level 10, suddenly the outpost is retired.
- Unavoidably, raiders need to play some mediocre outposts. But raiders should be rewarded with at least one "wow" outpost each day they play.
Retiring good outposts so quickly wastes the effort of builders, and reduces the potential quality of outposts available to raiders.
I would guess that currently a level 10 outpost gets played by 5% of the playerbase before it gets retired. What a waste! (Am I wrong with that estimate?)
I would suggest that the top 10% of outposts should be played by 100% of the playerbase, and the top 25% of outposts should also have a higher exposure.
I would hate to think that there are beautiful outposts out there which I never got to see. And some of the great outposts that I have seen were only played by a few people.
How to do it, in a way that doesn't punish new builders and over-reward excellent builders? There are many ways it could be done. Please discuss...
Comments
Suggestion A: Let builders put their retired outposts in the active pools.
---
Suggestion B: Tweak how prestige works.
I understand the current prestige system tries to promote good outposts, to an extent, but it has been made more forgiving since the playtests, which isn't a bad thing. Some suggestions:
---
Suggestion C: Improve social raid discovery (simpler solution?)
---
I would love to hear other suggestions from the community.