Is it normal to drop frames while moving the camera?

This is something I noticed during my gameplay, it has affected my performance in a negative way.

Whenever I run straight forward I have no problems but the moment I move the camera to follow someone around a corner I notice how the screen has to be re-rendered in its entirety, it's simply not fluid.

I have two examples of gameplay just to show off how the framerate behaves, one from 2021 and one from 2023. Please be aware that the recording software creates severe lag on my end, so disregard these occurences. What's really interesting is how the overall framerate is affected by camera movements.

Example 1 - from 2021:

https://files.catbox.moe/klucf0.webm

Example 2 - from 2023:

https://files.catbox.moe/gj7gdv.webm

I'd like to highlight that my regular gameplay usually doesn't feature these severe freezes but the framedrops while turning the camera are ALWAYS there. Is there any way to resolve this issue? I heard someone bring up lowering the polling-rate of the mouse but I already lowered mine from 1000 to 250.

Comments