Auric Cells Pricing
So, in the PTB I didn't have a good look at any of the pricing for the Auric Cells and I assumed it was going to be fair... Now that I'm seeing what the actual cost is, what gives? I'm Canadian, so any prices I discuss are reflected by those prices.
I'll start with the obvious, for $15.36 I can buy all the cosmetic bundles for a total of 66 cosmetics that are for the most part unique in their own way. For about that price (rounding to the closest Auric Cell pack at $11.40) I get 3 very rare cosmetics contained in a bundle or a single rare 3 piece bundle with a small handful of similar looking recolored common cosmetics for a total of, what, 9-12 items total? (which for the sake of argument are grindable). We can also take each chapter released into consideration as well. For $8 I get a brand new Killer/Survivor with at least 6 new cosmetics as well as the new perks, abilities, maps...
With all this being said, I'm genuinely curious where the price model for Auric Cells came from. Putting it into perspective that's 66 as opposed to 3-12 cosmetics depending on how one spends their cells. When the PTB was released I noticed the "Fog Travelers Pack" in the store and figured, "oh, maybe I can buy a pack of cosmetics for $10!". Nope, way off... try closer to $80-100 to get even close to everything. I certainly wouldn't consider myself a cheap person... I've purchased everything that has been released to date and never had a problem with the prices. I can't even see myself buying a single Auric Cell pack. I think it's simply asking too much for too little and it just feels off. Just my two cents.
Before you post "Don't buy them if you think it's too expensive.", I'm not, and that's the point. I would like to discuss where these prices came from.
Comments