Skull Merchant Fix, need some help

I know that everyone and there dog has been complaining about her sitting on a three gen and asking for a fix. Unfortunately I haven't seen many people come up with what a fix could actually be, so rather than just whine about it I thought I'd try my hand at coming up with something.

I am hoping you guys might then help spot some faults with my thoughts and come up with a viable change the Devs could make, even though in practise I know they dont really care much about what someone on a forum thinks and will just do whatever they want, I still want to atleast see if it is possible to come up with a solution.


So heres my first thoughts on some changes, bearing in mind that we cant propose changes that will effectively be a brand new killer, ie dont propse something like:

she no longer has drones so instead she gets a dash attack like wesker.

Also try not to propose changes that would involve changing artwork or animation because lets be honest the devs are cheap and that costs money and if there is going to be a chance that they listen to this it cant involve spending more that some number changes.


Ok onto my proposal

1) her drones no longer cause exposed, this way they don't impact your ability to do gens so she cant just three gen and drag out the match forever. Rather than expose have the drones be used to report to her where the survivors are on her radar.

2) instead of exposing the survivors, her drones instantly make her undetectable instantly when she is in their field. This is essentially going to let her prowl around where they are set up. and be a stealth killer who can sneak right up on unsuspecting survivors. Im thinking of making her closer to a fat myers build without unlimited wallhacks and incredibly slow chase.

3) The survivors should still be able to grab the drones to prevent her from using her power, but now as the effect of the power has changed I think that the penalty should change to. We need to disincentivize survivors from just grabing all her drones and effectively removing her stealth potential all together so just showing there location on the radar when they have the drone isn't enough. I was thinking something like survivors with the drone are exposed originally but that seemed a bit much (and simultaneously nothing to injured survivors) so I thought about applying hindered instead. Makes them a bit slower and shows where they are seemed like a good middle ground, although the amount of slow by hindered might need to be tweaked.

4) remove limit of drones to be near eachother, Im thinking have a smaller overlapping area of stealth is reasonable, because of the removed exposure. Not sure about allowing them near hooks thought, again without the exposure its not as big of a problem but might want to keep them away sill

Im not thinking about her add-ons yet, but id imagine things that let her have extra drone, or maybe extra speed in the effect that kind of thing. May also have to do away with having to keep recharging the drones since they are much more passive now, dont know.


I think this would be a fun build, an actual stealthy killer, but withotu those annoying exposure powers that i find make meyers and ghostface less than ideal?


Thoughts everyone?

Comments

  • I always thought she'd be cooler if she was a hunter and tracker. Her drones immediately making her undetectable when someone is in the range is really cool. Since I already play her in a stealthy way, but I currently need add-ons and perks just to make it work, I'd actually be all for this.

  • Okay, how about this one. Hear me out here.

    She doesn't start with her drones, but they start placed around the maps. She can walk around, pick them up, and then place them wherever. If a survivor walks within a short range of the drones, they get trapped and stuck there briefly. They have to solve quick puzzles and button combos to get out. If they don't solve the puzzles before Skull Merchant comes to pick them up, they get grabbed out of the drone's zone and placed on a hook.

  • But how does this stop the three genning problem? she goes to get them and comes back and then you have surviviors that are stuck when they try to work on a Gen?