error code 8024

keep getting error code 8024 since like 2 days ago before that had no issues. I haven't changed installed anything during this time either.

I have already

- uninstalled the game

-made sure the dead by daylight folder is gone in steam/steamapps/common

-cleared the steam cache

-restarted pc

-verified local files on steam

How do I fix this issue please help I don't really know what else to try?

Tagged: Fixed

Comments

  • Ive also had this issue since the end of tome 14, restarted my router and the steps you did I still cant access the game either

  • I tried all the same steps, the same thing, tell me what to do?

  • I am also getting this issue on both PlayStation and Xbox - we all have 'link' in our names. They must have accidentally blocked our accounts because of this

  • @Linkdouken said:

    I am also getting this issue on both PlayStation and Xbox - we all have 'link' in our names. They must have accidentally blocked our accounts because of this

    wait, I also have link in my name and it's also giving me issues too LMAO ♥

  • Update: I changed my name on steam and it let me in, it's probably a bug with a profanity filter or something

  • My friend had link in his name and changing it fixed it for him too Q_Q

  • OMG THANK YOU i had same bug and link in my username and it helped when I change it lmao

  • Oh wow. This should definitely not happen and seems like a potential security breach. Hope they get to it ASAP

  • So it is becuse of my username that I can't play with my friends... (BTW my Username is Linkone1)

  • @Linkone1 said:

    So it is becuse of my username that I can't play with my friends... (BTW my Username is Linkone1)

    It might be. It’s not been officially confirmed (yet)

  • This is a really annoying issue for us people with link in our names. I honestly wish they address this soon cause I was really looking forward to playing this game again.