Undo giving notifications of hex perks.
Hex totems are easy to find. They are strong IF they stay up. It's kind of unfair to give survivors notifications of a perk before it even has a chance to take effect. Huntress' lullaby can be detected before it even does anything. If it doesn't take skill to find them it should at least take skill to detect them.
Edit: No this was not introduced in the latest patch. I believe it was added in awhile ago but I'm bored and wanted to have a discussion about something in my favorite game.
Edit: No this was not introduced in the latest patch. I believe it was added in awhile ago but I'm bored and wanted to have a discussion about something in my favorite game.
Comments
That's how i'd do it.
If it was unbalanced, i'd revert it and think it over again.
There was a period of time when this happened and when Lullaby went unnoticed for a while it was god tier, its a shame they fixed it.
I think Exposed hexs should be notified when they do something but others like ruin/lullaby/third seal should remain hidden.
There's been plenty of times where I've asked myself "Did this person go down in one". You can't always pay attention to the HUD.
You should however, I feel - always know if you're going down in one hit, it's a huge difference and you'll probably make different choices knowing that.
Like I said in my first comment
"I think Exposed hexs should be notified when they do something"
have no objection to NOED not notifying survivors UNTIL someone is downed with it, same goes for Devour.
For the other hex perks, I agree, above rank 15 they should be hidden.
So you think as soon as a killer gets 3 Stacks on Devour everyone in the match should know about it? Lol, no.
Same goes for NOED, it's supposed to help poor killers/players secure a kill in end game, telling everyone it's active will make everyone leave immediately and the killer wont be able to use it.
and also different ranks shouldn't have different rulesets, thats ridiculous.
You should know if you're exposed period. I feel like you don't understand how powerful the exposed status effect really is for some reason. It's a tide turner, you can win games from it in a blink of an eye. Quick story, I was playing Huntress and I started to use my hatchets to damage survivors when I reached 3 tokens since it doesn't give the survivors a exposed notification. Once I reached 5 tokens, I instadowned everyone and mori'd them all with ease. What's the lesson learned? I literally cannot stress how strong exposed is when you don't see it coming.
You can buff Devour Hope and NOED to compensate like I said before. I really feel like you should always be warned when it comes to being exposed since it really doesn't feel good to get instadowned randomly without having counter play.
I have 2500 hours in this game I know exactly how powerful exposed effect is, I don’t think NOED should even be in the game but devour is fine and would make it an even weaker perk if it notifies people at 3 tokens.
huntress has insta down hatchets that match LITERALLY could have been worse for them.
Let's assume, they added my idea (please bare with me). Devour Hope can be buffed where you can mori survivors at 4 tokens instead of 5 tokens and NOED, well NOED just needs a rework since it promotes poor gameplay like DS. Add that in with the rumors about better totem placement and we are talking about a fair table here. Sure, some things can be changed but you get the idea.
Everyone in this thread is making no sense at all. Of course survivors should know if they are under the effects of something that is disabling them in some capacity! Even if there wasn't an icon on their screen, the very first time a survivor got a skill check while working a generator they would know if they lost progress while completing a skill check that they were under the effects of hex ruin. Just like the very first time they miss a skill check and the generator takes an unusually large amount of damage they would know that lullaby was in effect.
Hiding that information just makes the game more confusing for new players and hinders solo players even more so compared to SWF. That is 2 very good reasons not to change the game in the fashion suggested in this thread. If anything, there should be a totem icon on the user interface showing the number of totems in the game for both the survivors and killer. Again, this is information that a SWF team already has. Therefore it should just be made available to all players to lessen the gap between SWF and solo.