What are these cylinder machines spawning in trials?

Does anyone know what these cylinder machines are that are spawning in trials? I happened to receive 1 charm from escaping with one.


Does anyone know in full detail?

Comments

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Its a cross over to advertise behaviour's new game Meet Your Maker which releases in April I think.

    Not the best cross over or advertising though if what I assume will be the vast majority of players have no idea why its's there or what it's a cross over for.

    You'd have thought they'd at least make an in game news post about it.

    Edit to add - just to confirm incase anyone is wondering there's only 1 charm but as a survivor you must escape (i've escaped with several nothing after that but 200 bp for getting one)

    I assume killer just has to touch it as usual but I haven't bothered touching it on killer

    Thank you so much!! This explains a lot. Yeah I was noticing why I wasn’t receiving anything after the charm. Appreciate it :D

  • The ridiculous thing about the timing of this particular advertising campaign is that it coincides with the release of Skull Merchant, which also uses tech. I assumed, incorrectly, that the Genmat was something to do with Skull Merchant. It makes more sense than being part of some other game that BHVR is trying to advertise. I feel like they need to test these advertising ideas on a group of people who play the game and can give them feedback on why it's a good or bad idea. This would have been a bad idea.

  • I guess they wanted it to be a surprise but like 95% of people just don't know what it's about. If it gets them asking and these threads pop up mentioning the new game then it's sorta working maybe? I dunno a news bulletin ingame would have still been better.

  • Update: Now there’s green cylinders?


    does this only unlock another charm?

  • Thanks for your help everyone. I've managed to get the red and green charms. Hopefully the third is coming soon! I wonder if it'll be blue or yellow... :P