Why does the game crashing contribute to the DC penalty?
I just think this is dumb.
I just think this is dumb.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Okay. The problem is that if the game crashes, there is no way for it to send any info stating so to the servers. So, as far as the servers are concerned, when you disconnect, through any means, while playing a match, it sees the DC as a disconnect and applies the appropriate penalty. In the course of normal gameplay, you shouldn't rack up much in terms of a temp ban, as the first few times you DC, you will only get the equivalent of a slap on the wrist. Chronic DCers ruin games for everyone else and end up getting longer ban times. I believe that the ban timers reset after 2 or 3 days.