"Encrotching Darknessness"
That's what I see when I look at Skull Merchant's Very Rare outfit. Is it supposed to be revealing like Quiet from Metal Gear Solid V or is it just fan service and oversexualization of the character? Because how am I supposed to feel scared by that, let alone take the killer seriously?
I get that it's a videogame and we have AOT skins, but up until recently, the game always maintained a standard when it came to aesthetic and art design.
Vittorio's design is interesting until 40% of his outfits are just him shirtless with different colored tattoos. Idk, man, I don't like the precedent this sort of thing sets for the game as a whole.
Where are my grotesque skins? Where is the body horror? Where is the creepy, unsettling factor of being in a dimensional pocket ruled by an evil entity, with cults worshipping them, and all the mystery.
This whole chapter looks like a crossover between Apex Legends and Scooby Doo.
Thoughts?
/Edit
Also want to add that every SM cosmetic in the shop is literally Apex Legends. Who was in charge of choosing the color pallets? Lol
Comments
Death by snu snu
I mean her entire design seems to be leaning into 'sexy lady'. At least her default skin isn't revealing, it's just boring.
What, you don't think an almost naked woman is a compelling killer?
If BHVR have no respect for her, then how are we supposed to have any?
As a brazilian I already hate how mainstream media thinks our country is made only of forests, soccer and hot women with revealing outfits. For a game that seems to pay so much attention to representation this is a pretty lame one. This chapter is a hard pass.