Perk idea - Fresh Prints

Gains the ability to see all players scratchmarks. The most recent scratchmarks will be more visible and will fade after 4/8/12 seconds of them appearing. (Interesting survivor perk)

Comments

  • I like the idea, but just to play devil's advocate... what would be the purpose of this?

    I ask because I don't see much reason for a survivor to be able to see scratch marks. To find other survivors? Use the more superior perks Bond/Empathy/Aftercare. To see what the killer sees? Well if you see them looking at the ground where you just were or following you without actually seeing you then they can see scratches. I'm just having a hard time finding a point to it, as interesting as it may be to use the perk it would ultimately being kinda pointless, right?

  • @thesuicidefox said:
    I like the idea, but just to play devil's advocate... what would be the purpose of this?

    I ask because I don't see much reason for a survivor to be able to see scratch marks. To find other survivors? Use the more superior perks Bond/Empathy/Aftercare. To see what the killer sees? Well if you see them looking at the ground where you just were or following you without actually seeing you then they can see scratches. I'm just having a hard time finding a point to it, as interesting as it may be to use the perk it would ultimately being kinda pointless, right?

    The only reason I'd like this perk is to see my own scratchmarks rather than other survivors. I'd like to know if my scratchmarks are gone so I can juke the killer easier and I can keep track of my own trail.

  • My thinking behind this perk is to be more aware as to how your scratch marks are distributed, so you can implement scratch mark deception towards the killer more.
  • @AshleyWB said:
    My thinking behind this perk is to be more aware as to how your scratch marks are distributed, so you can implement scratch mark deception towards the killer more.

    Well if you play a good amount of killer you get a good understanding of how they work anyway.

    @TangledHelix said:

    @thesuicidefox said:
    I like the idea, but just to play devil's advocate... what would be the purpose of this?

    I ask because I don't see much reason for a survivor to be able to see scratch marks. To find other survivors? Use the more superior perks Bond/Empathy/Aftercare. To see what the killer sees? Well if you see them looking at the ground where you just were or following you without actually seeing you then they can see scratches. I'm just having a hard time finding a point to it, as interesting as it may be to use the perk it would ultimately being kinda pointless, right?

    The only reason I'd like this perk is to see my own scratchmarks rather than other survivors. I'd like to know if my scratchmarks are gone so I can juke the killer easier and I can keep track of my own trail.

    I could see some value in that, but if you understand that run = scratches then it becomes rather easy to juke the killer and bait them to follow scratches. I do this thing where if they killer has been chasing me a long time and I break LOS, I run to a locker, then casually walk away. Most of the time they check the locker and then I'm gone.

  • @AshleyWB said:
    My thinking behind this perk is to be more aware as to how your scratch marks are distributed, so you can implement scratch mark deception towards the killer more.

    Well if you play a good amount of killer you get a good understanding of how they work anyway.

    @TangledHelix said:

    @thesuicidefox said:
    I like the idea, but just to play devil's advocate... what would be the purpose of this?

    I ask because I don't see much reason for a survivor to be able to see scratch marks. To find other survivors? Use the more superior perks Bond/Empathy/Aftercare. To see what the killer sees? Well if you see them looking at the ground where you just were or following you without actually seeing you then they can see scratches. I'm just having a hard time finding a point to it, as interesting as it may be to use the perk it would ultimately being kinda pointless, right?

    The only reason I'd like this perk is to see my own scratchmarks rather than other survivors. I'd like to know if my scratchmarks are gone so I can juke the killer easier and I can keep track of my own trail.

    I could see some value in that, but if you understand that run = scratches then it becomes rather easy to juke the killer and bait them to follow scratches. I do this thing where if they killer has been chasing me a long time and I break LOS, I run to a locker, then casually walk away. Most of the time they check the locker and then I'm gone.

    Don't work on me I look for blood as well as marks I see blood leading away I follow the blood
  • @redsopine1 Whats blood? I have totally never bled as survivor.

    *wiggles on hook for my life*