Self-Portrait Perks (Appreciation Post)

You guys ever notice just how many perks depict the Killer or Survivor in the portrait? I mean, I was aware but it was always background info I registered but never focused on much…until the Trickster chapter. Star-Struck was so in my face about it, it couldn’t be ignored. Then Wesker perks really hammered it in my face again. Suddenly I become much more observant on the perks and how much detail/info some of them really try to cram in one small picture. Everything from which chapter it came from to how to trigger the perk of what benefits it might provide are all trying to be represented.

Some are better than others so… which ones do you guys think are your favorite, taking in consideration the name of the perk too. Just, which ones best represents the name of the perk and what it does in one clever package?

For me-

Killer Side: Fire Up

The Fire seems vivid and alive, shadowed Freddy stands tall and menacingly, like the fire is fueling his anger and he is about to come fore you. I get Fired Up just looking at the Perk and sometimes put it on despite believing I have better options.

Survivor Side: Self-Preservation

I cannot see that perk without instantly knowing the perks name and how to trigger it. I may not use this perk but I respect how much I understand from the little picture. Be near by when Killer gets a hit on another survivor and I increase my odds of self-preservation, it’s always stood out to me as I perk I could just instantly understand at a glance.

Comments

  • I love how CoB's icon is Sadako's eye. It actually took me a really long time to realize that was what it was (I don't think I did until someone pointed it out to me) but now I can't look at the icon without seeing it.

  • @sizzlingmario4 said:

    I love how CoB's icon is Sadako's eye. It actually took me a really long time to realize that was what it was (I don't think I did until someone pointed it out to me) but now I can't look at the icon without seeing it.

    I feel you, now that I’m paying attention I’m like…wait is Hex: Devour Hope actually Hags mouth or hell, is Agitation actually Trappers mouth? Once you realize what’s happening it’s hard to unsee it again. They mixed in generic looking perks so it wasn’t so obvious to me.

    Back to your statement about CoB, makes wonder if Nurses Calling is also a fair representation of her eyes. Guess we’ll never know lol.

  • Sprint Burst is super straight forward with what it does

  • @Hi_Im_Chucky said:

    You guys ever notice just how many perks depict the Killer or Survivor in the portrait? I mean, I was aware but it was always background info I registered but never focused on much…until the Trickster chapter. Star-Struck was so in my face about it, it couldn’t be ignored. Then Wesker perks really hammered it in my face again. Suddenly I become much more observant on the perks and how much detail/info some of them really try to cram in one small picture. Everything from which chapter it came from to how to trigger the perk of what benefits it might provide are all trying to be represented.

    Some are better than others so… which ones do you guys think are your favorite, taking in consideration the name of the perk too. Just, which ones best represents the name of the perk and what it does in one clever package?

    For me-

    Killer Side: Fire Up

    The Fire seems vivid and alive, shadowed Freddy stands tall and menacingly, like the fire is fueling his anger and he is about to come fore you. I get Fired Up just looking at the Perk and sometimes put it on despite believing I have better options.

    Survivor Side: Self-Preservation

    I cannot see that perk without instantly knowing the perks name and how to trigger it. I may not use this perk but I respect how much I understand from the little picture. Be near by when Killer gets a hit on another survivor and I increase my odds of self-preservation, it’s always stood out to me as I perk I could just instantly understand at a glance.

    i like all the generic perks that make you think... huh. zoey was supposed to be in the game...

  • @wydyadoit said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/366558/self-portrait-perks-appreciation-post

    i like all the generic perks that make you think... huh. zoey was supposed to be in the game...

    I’m guessing Left 4 Dead Zoey? Which one looks like her?

  • @Hi_Im_Chucky said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3360185#Comment_3360185

    I’m guessing Left 4 Dead Zoey? Which one looks like her?

    idk why, but these do. they're probably someone else now that i look at them closely, but... for some reason every time i see these i think... was that supposed to be zoey? because it's clearly not meg or claudette.

    D59532BA-8EA8-4EF7-8868-45007DA363E3.png


    13A1A57F-95A7-4D53-88E1-03E528D3E2EC.jpeg FD0CD982-F82E-4AAB-8450-B8E691B328B4.jpeg


  • @sizzlingmario4 said:

    I love how CoB's icon is Sadako's eye. It actually took me a really long time to realize that was what it was (I don't think I did until someone pointed it out to me) but now I can't look at the icon without seeing it.

    Never noticed this one, going to pay attention to it next time 👀