The only change Blood Rush needs…

Is to simply increase the duration of the Broken effect before you are healed. That’s it.

What this does is it makes the perk more risky to use and gives killers an adequate opportunity to outplay it without tunneling, so killers won’t feel the need to tunnel just to avoid it. 20 seconds is just too short and pretty much all but guarantees value at a safe loop and there’s nothing that can be done about it if the killer decides to play nice. But the survivor can still be heavily rewarded for using it well as the opportunity to heal is still there.

Comments

  • I can still see killers tunneling. I doubt increasing the broken duration will discourage players from preventing the opportunity to happen in the first place not to mention a good amount of killers already linger around a 2nd stage and will just come back after the unhook.

    With the perk's many conditions, it doesn't necessarily need a nerf. I love the perk's concept but it's giving me Deliverance curse vibes.

  • @Mazoobi said:

    I can still see killers tunneling. I doubt increasing the broken duration will discourage players from preventing the opportunity to happen in the first place not to mention a good amount of killers already linger around a 2nd stage and will just come back after the unhook.

    With the perk's many conditions, it doesn't necessarily need a nerf. I love the perk's concept but it's giving me Deliverance curse vibes.

    The killers that tunnel at that point are the ones that would’ve tunneled regardless even if this perk wasn’t a thing at all.

    I agree that it is an interesting concept and I do like it, I just don’t like that tunneling is its best counterplay option in its current state (and sometimes the only counterplay option).

  • The only change it needs is to make it actually work properly, since on the PTB it was extremely buggy. Nerfs aren't remotely warranted.

  • It's just an awful design for a perk regardless. If someone is running Sprint Burst you're just gonna camp em the second time you hook them or you tunnel em if they get saved.

    We don't need perks that encourage tunnelling more, do we?