FPS Lock on Patch 2.4.0 with Unreal Engine 4.2

Dear Community,
since the Dev's refused to implement an option into the in-game options menu to disable the fps lock (that caps the fps at 62 fps) to this day and patch, I always used a workaround in the game files that unlocked the fps / disabled the smooth frame rate option.

Here is the Guide I former used: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1105619968
The problem: It does not work anymore on the new engine update.
What I did was to first google my problem and I found this solutions:
source: https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/16836/can-you-lock-the-fps.html
Adding the values from the screenshot to the GameUserSettings.ini didn't work.

source: https://wiki.unrealengine.com/How_to_Change_FPS_Cap_,Near_Clip,_Editor%26_Game#Commenting_Stuff_Out
Adding the values from the -editor- section (without the Near Clip Plane) to the engine.ini or to the newly (since engine update) added EditorPerProjectUserSettings.ini didn't work either.

I really don't know what to do and for me since I use a high (at least higher than 60) refresh monitor, this 60 fps I am caped at introduce some great (micro) stuttering and destroy the pleasant gaming experience I had.

I need your help :(

Comments

  • That guide is nonsense, made by someone that has no idea ######### they are talking about at all.

    First undo everything that guide says.

    Then simply edit GameUserSettings.ini

    If you want vsync disabled, set vsync to false
    Set FrameRateLimit=whatever

    Save file. Play game.
    (Don't set it to read-only, that's just more nonsense)