How can I enable HDR in the pc version if the game?
When i edit the user settings .ini file to enable HDR, it reverts back to false when the game is started. I would like to have HDR enabled to really get the spooky factor in (even if it might make it harder for me to see survivors.) On the ps4 version, HDR is active, so I know DbD supports it.
Comments
After tinkering with display/scale and layout (change the size of...) in windows that the more you reduce this the more "HD" the game is, however, it also causes all the text to be super tiny (depending on how small you go). It's unplayable at a certain point as the checkboxes are also tiny, but, the game looks amazing. I think this is due to the fact that the game isn't actually fullscreen on Steam. I had to just find a nice middle ground.
You have to set the file to read only so the game doesn't write to it but then the setting menu won't work right after.
And DwightsLifeMatters said: Yee I was playing it on 2160p fullscreen but decided to turn it back to 1080p just because the textures and whatnot in DbD aren't detailed enough to really need 2160p to appreciate it.
Btw, can u upload screenshots with and without HDR for comparison? How much is it hitting ur fps ?
lol @ setting read-only