I chose the old emblem system cause well it would help get more killer adepts especially through dcs. I mean the new one is okay but I wish they kept the dcs count as hooks. Cause well I do like some challenges from time to time. But if someone dcs after you work for the adept I feel you should still get the trophy. But again for me personally that little thing did help me get more adepts as killer a bit more easier.
The game currently incentivizes you (grants pips) for things outside of your main objectives in the game which are to escape and kill people. Both killers and survivors can pip up pretty easily without needing to escape or kill anyone in the game. This creates a situation where from ash to gold you can technically lose every single game and still get pips. The things that grant you MMR should be the same things that grant you pips, having them seperated creates a situation where the system can be manipulated.
That's my issue. Before I've got adeps even if the last person got hatch. Now it just incentivizes slugging for the 4K even more. It personally doesn't bother meat the moment as I have all the adapts and I rarely face a killer going for an adept. But still when a new killer comes out.
That’s cool that you managed to get all the adepts. I agree that this new emblem system is kind of messy. I also agree it does sucks that you have to slug more in order to get the 4K for the trophy. But yeah I totally get where you are coming from. I also hope they change the new system somewhat back to the old or least where Dcs did count as hooks and you didn’t have to slug as much. But then again all we can do is wait and see I guess.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I chose the old emblem system cause well it would help get more killer adepts especially through dcs. I mean the new one is okay but I wish they kept the dcs count as hooks. Cause well I do like some challenges from time to time. But if someone dcs after you work for the adept I feel you should still get the trophy. But again for me personally that little thing did help me get more adepts as killer a bit more easier.
i can't remember what the old system was. so... yeah. 🤷🏻♂️
but there is always room for improvement with online games
The emblem system hasnt changed at all, only the merciless killer requirements
The game currently incentivizes you (grants pips) for things outside of your main objectives in the game which are to escape and kill people. Both killers and survivors can pip up pretty easily without needing to escape or kill anyone in the game. This creates a situation where from ash to gold you can technically lose every single game and still get pips. The things that grant you MMR should be the same things that grant you pips, having them seperated creates a situation where the system can be manipulated.
That’s cool that you managed to get all the adepts. I agree that this new emblem system is kind of messy. I also agree it does sucks that you have to slug more in order to get the 4K for the trophy. But yeah I totally get where you are coming from. I also hope they change the new system somewhat back to the old or least where Dcs did count as hooks and you didn’t have to slug as much. But then again all we can do is wait and see I guess.