Hex totem activation idea

Instead of hexes instantly applying themselves to random totems during a match, why not let the killer decide which totems he wants for his hexes?

All totems could begin as dull totems and show their auras to the killer until they walk up to one and interact with it, applying a random hex to it. That way there's less instances of survivors finding the totem immediately due to RNG.

Comments

  • This is a change several people have had. I think it's a good idea personally. It does pose some problems though. If the survivors see you placing it down, they can just run over and cleanse it with ease. It also adds more time to the killer's early game. And would the Hex totems not take affect until they are placed? Finally, how would NOED be used? This case combines the previous three issues I just mentioned.

    I'm not saying it's a bad idea, but these problems are important to consider when it comes to this idea being implemented in a practical sense.

  • I was thinking of a "move totem" mechanic where the killer kicks their totems and they respawn somewhere else. However I like this idea too as long as the method can be done quickly and reliably ... every second counts ya know?

  • @Onionthing said:
    I was thinking of a "move totem" mechanic where the killer kicks their totems and they respawn somewhere else. However I like this idea too as long as the method can be done quickly and reliably ... every second counts ya know?

    I actually really like that idea.

    If you get a bad spawn or you catch a survivor trying to cleanse and they run off you can pop it somewhere else so if they loop back into it it's no longer there.