PC - Challenges are randomly gaining extra progress

Platform - PC (Steam)


Description -

Sometimes, when successfully performing an event linked to a challenge, an extra tick of progress will be added to the challenge. In other words, if you need to perform X action, Y total times for a challenge, performing X action 1 time will sometimes grant challenge progress as if you performed the action 2 times.

I played two games tonight back-to-back where I can be sure that this bug occurred -- one as a Survivor, and one as a Killer.

Game 1 -

Character - David King

Map - Badham Preschool II

Challenge - Tome 2, Level 1: Protect Forever

Conditions - During a sequence where I unhooked a Survivor and took one protection hit while healing them, the protection hit appeared to count twice, and that series of events took me from 0/4 progress to 3/4 progress (when I should've only had 2/4, from one safe unhook and one protection hit).


Game 2 -

Character - The Doctor

Map - Lampkin Lane (Haddonfield)

Challenge - Tome 2, Level 1: Gruesome

Conditions - I started the match with 0/20 progress towards the Gruesome challenge, which simply requires you to hook Survivors a total of 20 times (across multiple games). Two Survivors escaped the trial, yet I ended up with 11/20 hook progress, which should be impossible (it should be a maximum of 10 given that two survivors escaped). I wasn't counting, so I'm not sure how many hooks I actually had, but it was impossible for it to be 11, given the circumstances; it seems that one or more of those hook events gave me extra progress.


For what it's worth, I never noticed the above issue before the 6.5.1 update, though it's possible it's been there for longer and it only became more apparent because of the challenge tracker.

Tagged: Pending

Comments