There's too much RNG, and it does not make this game fun
Impetus for the rant: I get Lery's and RPD on killer a lot. I'm not joking when I say I get one of those two maps almost 50% of the time. There's either something in my game files that has cursed me to those godawful maps, or the devs try to manipulate win rates via map selection. I refuse to believe I can get those two maps randomly with such frequency when there are so many available maps.
Why does this annoy me? I mostly play Nurse. And before anyone says I deserve it, hear me out. I hate this idea the devs have that sometimes you just won't get to play the game, but you still have to sit through it. Obviously you can literally play the game, but to that I would implore any dev to play Nurse on Lerys with her current chase music and tell me that you had fun with a straight face.
This isn't just a killer power issue relative to maps. It's a survivor issue relative to perks and maps too. You ever take Balanced Landing and get a map with no hills (Shelter Woods)? How is that a thing that can happen? You aren't getting better at designing maps. You're getting much, much worse. See: Garden of Joy and Shattered Square. And there are so many killer powers that are straight up barely usable on a lot of maps.
Stop wasting people's time. A lot of us are adults who have lives and limited time to play these games. Call me entitled, but it's really aggravating when I have an hour to spare and 30 minutes of that is barely being able to use a killer power. If you tell me I'm going to Lery's ahead of time, I'll either not play in the first place or pick a different killer. It would save me the frustration either way. Map offerings aren't a solution. Because for every map one side likes, the other side isn't going to like that same map.
Comments
I understand the frustration, because I wouldn't want to play this game either if I got those terrible maps as often as you do.
I think the issue with map design is that at this point the game has become so large there's no feasible way to make maps and powers so they're at least usable across the board. It seems implied the devs consider the map offerings, especially with the introduction of sacrificial wards, to be a pick/ban system and if one doesn't want a bad map, they're expected to resort to that.
Granted, that doesn't excuse how maps like Borgo still make it out of beta testing, but alas here we are anyway.
P.S. I don't know how you can play Nurse at all with her chase music blasting into overdrive giving me tinnitus. I couldn't bear more than one trial.