Distortion most underated perk???

Sorry if it’s been mentioned before but I’m seriously loving the new perk Distortion. Would feel more gratifying to use if they didn’t add the nerf to BBQ where you can’t be seen in lockers as survivors, but in other situations where you would otherwise choke it really pays off.

Would love to know your opinions about it

Comments

  • I have made really cool plays with that perk against nurses who used nurse's calling. In mid chase you can actually make them lose you. It is a really useful perk.

  • The perk is quite strong, one of the few new perks in a while to become meta.
  • Distortion currently has 1 perk that counter-plays it to death: Deerstalker which wipes out all tokens almost immediately. Tbh, the locker buff practically made this perk useless against killers using BBQ&C, and is only mildly useful against NC or Bitter Murmur (fun fact when it comes to NC, if you have this perk but the guy healing you doesn't the Killer can still see the aura of the guy healing you), but gets flat out destroyed by Doc using restraint add-on's, Huntress using Glowing concoction add-on, Myers using Mirrors/mirror shards add-on's, Freddy using his power/add-on's, Or wraith/Pig using their aura reading add-on's, but at least its a quick heads up that they are near. Its a fun but thankfully limited perk, otherwise I have gone whole games taking advantage of the locker buff without losing more than 1 token on distortion, so as fun as it is for new or lower-mid ranked survivors, I feel that its not as necessary in the higher ranks since the locker buff. Honestly it feels like it was specifically designed to be a perk that counters BBQ, but then they overdid the BBQ counter mentality with the locker buff making this perk only mildly useful or practically unnecessary for a skilled survivor.

  • Run with tier 3 iron maiden 25 secs exposed so you find them and stuff lol
  • I personally don't like it. I wouldn't use it even if lockers couldn't hide the aura. There are perks that suit my playstyle way better.
  • As a lot of people have mentioned, it's good, but there are so many problems it has. Plus the things it was built to counter can be negated by playing around it (being within 40m for BBQ, not healing when within the killer's terror radius for Nurse's calling, etc). Not to mention that it doesn't prevent the use of other prominent tracking perks (Whispers and Rancor).

    That being said I'll still use it for stealth builds. It's just not nearly as powerful as people thought.

  • It's pretty neat, I can see the usefulness but personally i'm not gonna use it as B&C is really the only Aura reading I care enough about to counter. Which can be done with Lockers now.

  • It's good to see people like it, but also see that it has counters.