Returning to DBD after a 6 Killer Release Break
Hello again. It's been a while. I got a PS5 for Christmas and figured I'd give DBD another try. It works much better than on the PS4. For one thing it doesn't sound like a plane is trying to take off when the game fires up =p Anyway, I just wanted to post my opinion on some of the changes I've seen over the last year and a half or whatever since I've played last.
The biggest change and the one I'm the most happy about is the changes to the prestige system! I could kiss whoever came up with this idea. Such a great idea and implementation. It massively reduces the grind for new or returning players to the game. I genuinely wasn't looking forward to the idea of grinding out enough bloodpoints to get all the new killers all the perks to rank 3 much less grinding out the bloodpoints on every previous killer to get all the new perks up to rank 3. Now I just need to get all the new killers to prestige 3. Love it so much.
I've noticed a lot of other little changes to the way various perks work. I've noticed a trend, particularly on survivor perks to give them ways to enable perks that would previously disable after a couple of uses. For instance Distortion gains a charge for every 30 sends you spend in the killers terror radius and Lucky Break recharges 1 sec for each 1 second spent healing other survivors. I really like that dynamic. Very slick. I also noticed that BBQ and We're Gonna Live Forever got an overhaul losing the bonus bloodpoints. I'm actually pretty happy with that change since they also reduced the bloodpoint costs on the bloodweb. I wasn't keen on feeling the necessity to run one perk on all my killers and survivors to earn a decent amount of bloodpoints.
I'm also a fan of the change where survivors have the effect of Borrowed Time by default. I've noticed that it really has reduced the issue of camping significantly. It still happens of course but from my completely non-scientific and made up calculations it seems to be about 75% less than when I previously played. I also really like the change where you get a bonus to bloodpoints if you play the side that needs players most for matchmaking. I can definitely be bought with bloodpoints and I have noticed that wait times for both sides are very quick.
Overall, I'm really happy with where the game improved while I was gone. But there is one thing that I'm seriously disappointed in. That is the lack of alternate game modes. I can't believe that this hasn't been explored yet. I'm not sure how some people made this happen, but I saw a couple videos on Youtube where some people are running a private DBD server and they enabled a game mode with 2 killers, 8 survivors and 10 gens. It looked like an absolute blast. It would be a mistake to have tons of different game modes and split the playerbase but there should be a rotating alternate game mode available for the lulz. Anyway, excited to be back. See you all around.
Comments