Did BHVR turn off matchmaking completely with the last patch?
I saw Otz as survivor earlier get matched against a killer with 200 hours who I don't think got a single down., Otz has 10k hours+ another survivor had almost 4k and one 2k hours in that same game. I've got 2k hours and as killer have been getting matched up every few games with console survivors with only 1 or two yellow and green perks, one guy had 5 hours played.
There has to be something broken, these games aren't fun for anyone.
Comments
The answer is in your question
That's literally how SBMM has worked since the day it was implemented. You can absolutely watch old vods of competent players who, for some inexplicable reason, go up against absolute newbies without deliberately smurfing.
I stopped watching DBD content a long while ago, but gave Hens333 and his squads escape streak a watch, and I think they played against a Plague that didn't even know what a mindgame was, straight after barely escaping against a top %1 Nurse player. The bottom line is this:
SBMM doesn't work.
SBMM has never worked.
SBMM will never work.
People still believe MMR works? In my experience it doesn't at all. I have 3k hours in this game and I have gotten a 20k hour SWF in one game and then people who have no idea what they're doing in the very next. People who go on about high MMR are just doing so for two reasons.
its to do with queue times, if people are queueing too long they just expand the matchmaking pool more and more until a match is created.
Currently, for whatever reason there are far too many people playing survivor in my region so survivor queues take 5+mins and then i go against a complete baby killer, when i have 3k hours