"Blood Bath" killers - Let's have our cake and eat it too!

So I have this design concept for a killer. I won't go into details, all I will say is that this killer would be significantly more powerful than the Nurse, BUT would require an insane amount of skill to actually use. If anyone has heard the term "glass cannon" before that's basically what it is. The killer also has a lot of built in weaknesses that survivors can exploit IF they come prepared and/or understand the killer well enough to know what add-ons they are using. I have a whole story, perks, full list of add-ons, even cosmetic concepts. But I'm not here to talk about my killer idea, maybe I will share in the future.

What I want to talk about is something I came up with, I call it "blood bath", which is built into the killer's add-ons mostly but also into their perks and power to a lesser extent. Now as I said, my killer is CRAZY powerful. Being so, it stands to reason that survivors might not like playing against them (or at least one that knows what they are doing) because it will almost definitely be a loss (or at the least be a very intense and challenging game, in a way that's not lame). To make up for that, survivors (and sometimes the killer) can basically farm BP like crazy as a way to offset the power of the killer. While I would like to think this killer would be fun to play as and against (very scary, lots of variety to playstyles, very... let's just say different sort of game than the usual), the real fun for survivors would be the blood bath of BP. Basically they get extra events they can trigger, special to the killer, that grant bonus BP during the game. Also some things can grant BP multipliers post-trial (like BBQ/WGLF). The idea is that, even if you get bodied by the killer in 2 minutes you should still walk out with like 20k BP. However it depends mostly on the add-ons, as the more powerful add-ons give the best BP bonus.

It was an idea I had that would allow for a killer to be very powerful without sacrificing the fun of the game for survivors. I personally would love this sort of thing, since everyone always wants BP. Wanted to see what others think.

And no I won't be sharing my killer idea just yet. Maybe in the future, but right now it's just a pipe dream. Blood Bath though, should be a thing if only because it makes the game more fun for survivors in situations where they aren't going to have a lot of fun.

DISCUSS!

EDIT
To be clear, I'm not saying we should have killers way more powerful than Nurse. The idea is to turn some of the more powerful killer stuff into "blood baths". Pink add-ons, ebony moris. That sort of thing. To make it less frustrating to go against for survivors. Could even apply to survivors and give killers a blood bath too, though maybe we would need a different name for that.

Comments

  • So it seems like I got a lot of views but no replies. Maybe because people thought I was going to suggest an idea for a killer?

    Would no one enjoy the game more if when the opponent uses higher quality gear you get more blood points from it, as a sort of compensation? It could even apply to SWF and such for killer.

  • So it seems like I got a lot of views but no replies. Maybe because people thought I was going to suggest an idea for a killer?

    Would no one enjoy the game more if when the opponent uses higher quality gear you get more blood points from it, as a sort of compensation? It could even apply to SWF and such for killer.

    *the cricket noise plays*
  • @JanTheMan said:
    the cricket noise plays