What just happened?

Played a match where someone died early in the basement by giving up.

The remaining 3 of us got it down to 1 gen left. As soon as me and the other player finished the gen I ran off to where I thought the last gen would be. The person I did the gen with ran to the right instead.

Suddenly I notice it shows that person has escaped. There is now 2 people alive and it says hatch or gen like it would with one person left alive. I was confused for a second and realized that person must've opened the hatch. So I run the direction they went and surely the hatch was there....closed? Im confused..

I've played this game tons but have very little experience with the key. The person who escaped used a Faint Reagant. Don't you need the best key there is to escape that way? Is it even possible to find that during the match? As killer I have played sooooooo many matches and have only encountered survivors using the key maybe like 4-5 times. Each time one of them brought it with them. Then it was open for what appeared to be everyone for no limited duration?

Comments

  • I don't play Survivor, but what I can gather, you can find a Key in a game (Purple and Red keys can open doors, me thinks), and if you open the Hatch using a key, the Hatch only stays open temporarily (I don't know how long) before it closes again.

  • Key only opens the hatch for a short time

  • Keys can be found in chests and the hatch only stays up for a very short time if the key is used on it. Basically the other survivor left you to die.

  • It was probably a Dull Key (purple). The Hatch is stays open for only five seconds.
  • That is weird. I never knew there was a time limit. As killer there never seemed to be. She could've gestured...thanks random person.

    I play on Xbox and it logs some things. I escaped 355 times. I probably escape less than 30% of the time so I've probably played possibly around 2,000 matches. I had never ONCE saw someone solo the hatch before.