Legion Idea
I was playing Titanfall 2 when I realized that The Legion (Not to be confused with Legion) is a lot like Ronin, so I figured a pretty good buff would be something like this:
When Feral Frenzying you start off with a base charge depletion. However each consecutive hit (ON A NEW SURVIVOR) recharges your power and increases the duration of your Feral Frenzy by x amount.
This could either be implemented as part of his base kit or something like Ronin's Kit: Highlander. If the latter idea then it could potentially replace the effects of The Legion's pin add-ons. Tell me what you think, or do you think something more could be added to this idea?
Comments
Do NOT tie in "Titanfall" with "Dead By Daylight". Seriously, don't do this. Besides, why do you think his Feral Frenzy Duration needs a buff? It's pointless if you still can't down them as you use it. Deep Wounds is the main problem for his ability, he lacks the ability to properly down people, but a wonderful ability chasing them down, let's not turn legion into a OP motherf#cker by buffing his duration. I appreciate you tried to help, but tbh, you didn't really think what was ACTUALLY BAD about Legion.
Jesus Christ dude, calm down a bit. I'm not tying in TF2, just making a observation. Do not mistake me making observations about how similar The Legion and Ronin are in regards to Feral Frenzy and Sword Core, respectively.
Really though, this is just a idea, and I've played enough rounds as the Legion to give myself some justifications to ask for this, as I call it, Quality of Life. I do agree that he is suffering from his own mechanics, but as it is his add-ons (particularly the pin ones) need a slight tweak or rework. Buffing duration would not turn him op as he'd still just suffer from literally everything else.
I take it you did not fully read/comprehend what I was asking for. I did say if not at least as a part of his BASE KIT, then the idea would simply replace his Pin Add-Ons for the new effect that was mentioned.
Its lack of perk plays thats all it is. The only answer to legion there is out there. No number changes will help or changes of the powers interaction. Just let legion use more perks and he is fixed.
Not to shutdown everyones ideas for him down but this is only way to properally fix him and anything else leaves him in a horrible state.
Perk integration is only way to have a strong legion and will keep saying that til everyone else is saying the same thing. Number changes is an easy answer that devs do all the time but it lacks fixes like quality of life adjustments can do.
I didn't say Ronin and Legion were similar, Nonetheless though, buffin' duration would be pointless to be honest. You'd have all the speed in the world, yet you'd stop after the second hit. Frankly, I was calm, I'm just surprised that someone was willing to compare a FPS Shooter to a Asymmetrical Survival Horror. Seriously, they're not the same, or really similar in any way. Yes, Ronin is fast, and so is any other character in other games. It's a coincidence. Besides, honestly: Spirit and Ronin have similar abilities, both have swords, both of them are like ghosts for a set duration. I don't see the resemblance between Legion and Ronin tbh.
In summary: Buffing his duration is pointless since we already have add-ons that increase it. Our main problem right now is not his Chase potential, but his Downing Potential, true, he can chase people pretty well, but lacks potential for downing people. Right now, his issue is his "Deep wound" effect, that might need to be Tweaked, to make it a nuisance instead of a small distraction. His add-ons are fine for now, it's his downing potential we need to focus on.
I never said that you said that the two were similar. And again I understand you, which is why it would be considered a QoL as I have noticed people complain that they don't even have enough time to find/hit people with the add-ons. My idea would help in locating and actually finishing the job of applying DW to everyone in a single outing.
I WAS NOT COMPARING THE TWO GAMES TOGETHER! I was comparing two characters within the two games as being similar due to ONE thing: Ronin's Highlander Kit. For all I love either Dead by Daylight and Titanfall 2 I know it would be grasping at straws to say they are similar. They aren't even in the same genre and while not your point, I'll still say that's fine. Do I have ideas on how to make The Legion better in killing people? Yes, I do, but whatever I thought of were already suggested by other people, which is why it is not my main focus here.
Again, I understand The Legion does need help, but not as much as you think. I played several games with him (Especially a few of them being Rank 1 before the Rank Reset) and I did pretty okay with him. Or I would've if the game didn't crash.
They did mention that they would have his meter not deplete all the way when you cancel his power which is awesome, if your idea was in his base hit then he wouldn't need any of his speed addons which would be great because the Devs could find better addons than what we got. The pins are useless, I don't think anyone needs the rulers to make his ability to charge faster, Duration, Speed, and everything that effects the actual Mending is what is important. So that's two addons that could be chnged into something useful, your idea would make it three, or maybe not, adding more speed to the extra speed from his base kit every time he hits someone, he could be faster than Billy
The idea would not to be to increase speed (Could be a rare/ultra-rare thing if my idea becomes a add-on. Not holding my breath) but to actually make going across the map viable since the devs seem to want people to play like that. And I heard of that QoL improvement, I think it's a step in the right direction. His add-ons are lackluster compared to killers who have variety like Nurse, Hag, Wraith, Clown and such. So a rework is definitely in order for his add-ons. Dunno what the devs are gonna do though.
or make it to where you can down survivors faster inside feral frenzy, the only issue with their ability
I think they are working on a change for that. Will it be good? Probably not. And there is already a add-on or two that have this effect. Do I want my new favorite killer(s?) to be add-on relient? No. But if I have to, fine. I need to practice more to play Legion without add-ons though, so I can better understand them.
thats the thing, they are add-on reliant
Which is sad, but unless they radically rework the Legion, there ain't much that could be done. Still, I get decent matches and kills even with the not so powerful add-ons. So it's not impossible.
I have an amazing idea on how to make legion reliable with changing the strength of feral frenzy and its add-ons, Ill get it done later tho
Should you end up making a thread or so, I would like to see it. I love seeing people's ideas, the most fun I've had for a while on forums like these.
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/36217/how-to-exactly-fix-legion-to-become-reliable#latest
Your welcome